Marion County

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
Good evening I am going to Marion County in the near future and had some questions about listening to them. I see the sheriffs office is under Mobile Communications America , but are the local cities (Jasper, Kimball, S Pitt, Whitwell) dispatched by them also or are they still on the conventional system, and what exactly is Fire Net? , are all the FDs now being dispatched on this system or still using the conventional South & North repeaters? Thanks in advance

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
ok I figured out FD is still on the conventional system, still trying to figure out if local PD is on conventional or on the sheriffs office system ( and of on the SO system how the call signs work) also I'm not sure if I'm just missing it but not hearing anything on Puckett EMS system however I have been hearing activity on conventional EMS 155.385

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
ok not sure if I'm just typing to myself but still no activity on Puckett EMS,,also hearing EMS runs on Whitwell system and hearing call signs of Medic 1 & 2, did they get their own EMS? ,, hopefully this Firenet thing is up and running soon so I dont have to use 2 scanners,, only get both conventional and DMR in the bedroom using the same scanner ,, everywhere else just DMR comes in clear on 1 and conventional is covered in static

Jmartin62

When I'm in Marion County, I listen to the new DMR system, but I can't seem to pick it up. I will get bits and pieces every now and then, but mostly nothing. I have it programmed of the radio reference site. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Have tried different antennas, but it just doesn't come in.

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
i programmed my scanner using the Sentinal software pretty easy to use and do,, I pick up the DMR pretty clear throughout the area I visit for the most part with the exception of Puckett EMS I got no signal at all this trip, had a good signal on them in July though, so not sure what's going on there ,, I get the state system extremely clear as well. it's the conventional system I have issues w/ depending where I place the scanner since I'm so far up in the mountain range area , do u know what Fire Net is and/or will be used for also do u know if the local PD are using the county or state system for dispatch or still using their conventional freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.