Marshall / Redstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKUSP40

I'm visiting Huntsville this week and have been monitoring the MSFC/RA System. It appears the database has some errors concerning this system. So far, I have found two control channels one is 406.2375 the other is 406.8375. 406.8375 is not listed in the database as a control channel. I have also found voice channels that are not listed 409.2750 and 409.6375. There may be others I have not yet found.

In addition, I have found the following unidentified talkgroups:

3216 Encrypted
10672 Encrypted

I've noticed that Talkgroup 8016 is listed as Marshall SFC Police, but when they call dispatch they ID as Redstone.

Does anyone have any additional information about this system or can you Id the unidentified talkgroups?

Thanks

LEH

Premium Subscriber
It is really nothing for trunked systems to change their control channels around. Langley did it to me a year ago. Just submit the change.

Often for DOD trunked systems, I will load all the frequencies for that very reason.

A question for the unlisted voice channels. Are they part of the trunked system or are they being used conventionally?

Though I will not swear to it, I wouldn't be surprised if the Arsenal and NASA security have been combined, so Redstone as a base/dispatch wouldn't surprise me. I won't say I've been all over the Arsenal, but I have covered a fair bit of it and I've not encountered specific fenced off areas that are identifiable as NASA or Army (unlike Langley AFB and NASA Langley). I'm not saying there aren't any, but I just have never encountered any.

HKUSP40

Redstone

Lynn, thank you for the information. The voice channels were part of the trunked system.
I believe you are correct about Redstone and NASA combining. I'm on my way back home today so hopefully someone will make the corrections to the database.

J.

chupacerveza

HKUSP40 said:
I'm on my way back home today so hopefully someone will make the corrections to the database.

J.

I'm visiting this weekend but only have analog trunking. I'll see what I can learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.