Martin County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestation32

Hey folks,

I live near Wellington and have a BCD996XT scanner. I was wondering if it is possible to pick up Martin County TRS from my home. I do not have a roof mounted antenna, I just use the 800MHZ antenna you can buy at radio shack. I am able to pick up Broward County just fine but no luck with Martin (Martin seems a little closer to me). Please let me know if I might be doing something wrong or if there is a quick fix. Thanks for the help!

McP

I'm in Jupiter, obviously a bit closer to Martin County line. I pick them up inside my house on my 996XT and Home Patrol with no problems. My 996 is using a outdoor 800mhz. I notice as I get further south of Palm Beach Gardens I start to lose them (mobile 15X in emergency vehicle with external antenna).

That's great you can pick up Broward. I moved from there and really had wanted to continue to listen to Broward, but I have no luck all.

gcr33

These systems are not designed to travel like the old high power VHF/UHF systems. In fact they are generally designed to attenuate their signal over the borders. This allows for reuse of the chanels in the other trunking and conventional systems. Palm Beach Co. shortest site is the one at the turnpike exit at Indiantown Rd.

N4KVL

ÆS 1024
Premium Subscriber
These systems are not designed to travel like the old high power VHF/UHF systems. In fact they are generally designed to attenuate their signal over the borders. This allows for reuse of the chanels in the other trunking and conventional systems. Palm Beach Co. shortest site is the one at the turnpike exit at Indiantown Rd.

This is correct. I am pretty sure that the furhest south tower site that Martin County is transmitting from is located up off of Bridge Rd. The transmit antennas are more than likely radiating almost all of their energy to the north, east and west. Without an external antenna, you will not be picking up MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.