Martinsville / Nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Hey, I will be heading to Martinsville for the race and wanted to know if anyone had some of the frequencies in and around the raceway. I will be programming the driver freqs. but wanted to know what the crash crew, helos, and any other tac channels besides whats listed under Henry County. Thanks again.

shumadine

Race control should be on 461.200 and 464.600. Safety/Fire should be on 451.225.

That is a great track and you will enjoy it.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
You'll like it there. But parking will be a mess trust me I went there a year ago with my father and we had to park 2 miles away from the track with no one picking us up to take us to the track. Handicapped is available if you may need it which is right there by the grandstands with easy access but problem is you will to find someone or instruct the police/state patrol you can't walk that far and you need a handicapped parking spot and show them the placard.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Lucky for me, I will be staying in a motorhome right next to the track in the campground. Walking distance. I was there 2 yrs. ago. When I was there I felt as I was missing some frequencies including air and the fire/ems around the campground.

N4ANJ

Premium Subscriber
Heard a helicopter requesting "Helicopter Control" at the speedway today on 123.025 AM . This is a common helicopter to helicopter frequency. Also these helicopters usually ferry drivers, crew, and VIP'S to and from the Blue Ridge Airport .The Blue Ridge Airport frequency is 122.7 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.