MASP in ZONE 3 59408 P25 Is this the beginning ?

• Thread starter Analog-Surf-1963
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Analog-Surf-1963

On my 15X 59408 is buzzing through tonight ( April 8th ) 10 pm on zone 3 ... I brought up the the 996 on zone 3 and it's ( LNK ) and garbled.

Has Phase 2 arrived on zone 3 or is this Encrypted P1 traffic ?

59408 is not in the RR lists for MASP... Are the Radio techs making new groups ?

The BC760 was pretty upset....

Pete N1EXA in New Bedford.

ecps92

No - not Phase I/II - that would require a new System for your Zone and there would have been lots of conversation/chatter on the boards.

There has always been a Few Talk-groups on the older MSP System that used P25 Voice [Radio Techs, STOP Team, etc]
This is not the same as a P25 Phase I or II system.,

You will notice also that these P25 transmission will ONLY occur on one or two of the Voice channels in a Zone

On my 15X 59408 is buzzing through tonight ( April 8th ) 10 pm on zone 3 ... I brought up the the 996 on zone 3 and it's ( LNK ) and garbled.

Has Phase 2 arrived on zone 3 or is this Encrypted P1 traffic ?

59408 is not in the RR lists for MASP... Are the Radio techs making new groups ?

The BC760 was pretty upset....

Pete N1EXA in New Bedford.

jfr

You can always expect certain seemingly dormant talk groups come alive for testing the week before the Marathon.

-JR

A

Analog-Surf-1963

You can always expect certain seemingly dormant talk groups come alive for testing the week before the Marathon.

-JR
I caught 57680 last week !

Last night with 59408 seemed to be short burst from 10- 11:30pm

As Secret Squirrel said its not a phase out of my lovable Dinosuar Analog trunk
system. "Yet"

I just add the new talk group to the radio's like the 15X & 996 then lock them out.

N1EXA aka Morocco Mole

ecps92

Excellent Point - look for Patches being tested, audio being adjusted
Air Wing Ops with downlinks etc etc etc

Not just on the various Public Safety systems , but also many of the Federal, Amateur, Business band systems

-JR

A

Analog-Surf-1963

I'm getting mystery P25 talk groups up in the 59000 block coming and going
so I think its the radio techs using these as testing . I'm also finding them on the analog side with random comments.
The DOT HOC Boston on Zone 3 also seemed to move the talk groups around again along with the DCR Becoming more active on 11088.

I find this trunk system to be very active with new groups and TGID's being moved around.

Pete N1EXA

ecps92

11088 is generally active in the Spring - Fall Only as it is a DCR Fire Channel

What specific 59xxx TG's
and
What DOT channel moved ?

I'm getting mystery P25 talk groups up in the 59000 block coming and going
so I think its the radio techs using these as testing . I'm also finding them on the analog side with random comments.
The DOT HOC Boston on Zone 3 also seemed to move the talk groups around again along with the DCR Becoming more active on 11088.

I find this trunk system to be very active with new groups and TGID's being moved around.

Pete N1EXA

A

Analog-Surf-1963

59408 is an example from last week.
I have others Id have to go back into my 15X and see what i locked out.

The DOT list here at RR even changed from what I used to have. it used to be listed as DOT 1 , DOT 2 and So on up to DOT 22 Now there listed as Construction and facilities etc.- as for number old talk groups are not used and new ones are used.
once again i have to gointo an old freescan file to see what has changed.

Pete N1EXA

ecps92

58048 Not didable by 16

There-by considered invlalid
59408 is an example from last week.
I have others Id have to go back into my 15X and see what i locked out.

The DOT list here at RR even changed from what I used to have. it used to be listed as DOT 1 , DOT 2 and So on up to DOT 22 Now there listed as Construction and facilities etc.- as for number old talk groups are not used and new ones are used.
once again i have to gointo an old freescan file to see what has changed.

Pete N1EXA

A

Analog-Surf-1963

58048 Not didable by 16

There-by considered invlalid

59408 and 58680 are 2 examples heard on my 15x and 996 in zone 3.

58048 ? dont know where that came from ????

Pete N1EXA

A

Analog-Surf-1963

All a hobby for me
My mistake 57680 and 59408 had to look it up in a freescan backup file
I ended up locking them out because the 15x was pretty angry and on the 996 it would not decode so I assumed
it was P2.

As for the DOT Talk Groups all the toll booth numbers are gone and Looking at RR the Alpha tags got changed.
Im finding based over time the talk group numbers got moved around so the RR data base is pretty up to date.
I ended up leaving the ones not used there and renaming the ones that needed updating.
It would be a confusing mess for me to explain whats in my 15x over the years for zone 3.

Im not cutting and pasting or downloading - Im hand pecking them in with my own tags.

Pete N1EXA

ecps92

I'm at a loss with the Reference to Toll Booth numbers, as I've never seen TG's linked to those old devices.
Mass Turnpike, before moving to Mass DOT had multiple TG's, maybe someone assumed they referenced Toll Boths

All a hobby for me
I ended up locking them out because the 15x was pretty angry and on the 996 it would not decode so I assumed
it was P2.

As for the DOT Talk Groups all the toll booth numbers are gone and Looking at RR the Alpha tags got changed.
Im finding based over time the talk group numbers got moved around so the RR data base is pretty up to date.
I ended up leaving the ones not used there and renaming the ones that needed updating.
It would be a confusing mess for me to explain whats in my 15x over the years for zone 3.

Im not cutting and pasting or downloading - Im hand pecking them in with my own tags.

Pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
No Phase 2 on Zone 3. It's digital audio on the 3600 baud control channel system. Being radio techs, encryption is likely "just because."

On the old VHF turnpike system, there were references to certain frequencies or tones being used from Interchange X to Interchange Y. Now the Troop E is gone, you'll hear Turnpike related MSP traffic on Zone 3 if it's H Patrol 2 or H Patrol 3 as well as some of the DOT Talk Groups.

In general, the information at Scan-NE in the Wiki is more current than on the RRDB. For example, the MA Convention Center Authority has moved to their own Hytera DMR trunk system and isn't on the MSP trunk any longer.

All a hobby for me
it was P2.

Pete N1EXA

Status
Not open for further replies.