Mass State Police w/ BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

More sites, may also mean less heard over the other end of a Troop [why tie up frequencies]

As for the RUMORS/SPECULATION out here, the real info is available in the RR Wiki from the RFP/RFQ's
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/CoMIRS_P25_Upgrade
and we all can read between the lines [since some of this says it should have begun in FY 2018]

More sites for the eastern side of the state - sounds good to me. Maybe help with some of the coverage using a portable. Nothing but static on a stretch of 128 through Lexington on the portable/Moto II.
400 Mobile radios I imagine will only cover a fraction of the cruiser fleet - then they'd need portables too. I wonder if the consoles and interop folks need upgrading as well?

cg

Premium Subscriber
In response to the original post, unless you are able to replace the BC15x in the next 3-5 years, you should look to a digital scanner. While you may not need one now. Before it gets too old, it may be unusable for CoMIRS (MSP system).
Upgrade/replacement of the CoMIRS system is planned to take 5 years from when it was announced last year. According to last years media release, they are first going to do portables and consoles. The report about the current system is a real good read. Since the report was generated, there has been some additional agencies that may be trying to get on it. The one I hear about in Western MA is Franklin County.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.