Massachusetts State Police Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

james93

Does anyone have a list of the Massachusetts State Police Sites so as I can determine which site I am receiving? I think it is based on the control channel but not sure I have 5 sites in my area. thank you

jim202

Does anyone have a list of the Massachusetts State Police Sites so as I can determine which site I am receiving? I think it is based on the control channel but not sure I have 5 sites in my area. thank you

Have you gone to the Massachusetts database here on RR? I am sure if you go look it up, you will find a list of all the system tower sites. Then pick those that your interested in and the control channels and voice channels are there. Plus further down in the list is a list of all the verified talkgroups that have been found on the system so far.

james93

radioreferenc has so many links that makes it hard to find the information, not sure what key words to use some time.

ecps92

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you go to the MSP link provided above, you will see a list of Sites. A "Site" may be a single location, or it may be a group of locations that simulcast the same traffic.
If you are on the MSP page and you see "Statewide" under County, it has multiple locations that span more than 1 county. You can click on the one you want in the "Name" column, then click on the "Site Licenses" link. On the page that opens from that link is a map that shows the locations under the license. There may be several licenses per "Zone".

chris

aeroguy01

I haven't updated this KMZ file in awhile but as far as locations go I think it is still accurate. I can't attest to frequencies. The KMZ file is inside the zip folder. It will open up in Google Earth.

Kevin

Attachments

• MSP Tower Locations.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 62

james93

Don't know how to down from Google Earth, I like things simple thank you James

garys

Premium Subscriber
You could make this REALLY simple, if only you'd tell us roughly where you live and what you want to listen to. There is a lot of overlap between zones in the MSP radio system. For that reason, it helps to know which part of the state you live in and what type of radio traffic you are interested in listening to on the MSP system.

Don't know how to down from Google Earth, I like things simple thank you James

james93

my location is Ware, Ma I think I am in a hot spot there are 6 sites in my area.

ecps92

Yes your are in the middle of various sites, however
keep-in-mind the Simulcast Sites are the ones you want to concentrate on as more TG's will occur on them, vs the stand-along (Inteli Sites) where someone needs to be Affiliated for you to hear the traffic. If No One is affiliated and you will hear silence.

IMHO I would say concentrate on Zone 8 and Zone 18 to provide the best of C-Troop and B-Troop
my location is Ware, Ma I think I am in a hot spot there are 6 sites in my area.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Ware is covered by MSP Troop C-7 out of the Belchertown Barracks.

You'll definitely want Zone 8 for that. C Patrol 3 is the Talk Group that covers that barracks and some others. Go here for frequency and TG information. You might also want to listen to the Dept. of Environmental Management Police. They regulate hunting, fishing, and boating. They can be very busy and very interesting.

You'll also hear B Patrol 1 on Zone 8. That covers Springfield and the other barracks in the eastern part of the Troop. If you want to hear further west, you'll need Zone 18 as Bill pointed out.

You'll also be able to hear all of the Turnpike traffic from Boston out to the NY Line. There are two primary talk groups for that. One for the main part of the Turnpike and the other for everything east of I-95.

You will also hear some parts of Troops from eastern MA as they abut Troop C and there is overlap between the sites.

Look through the information at the link and you should find all you need. If you have any questions, you can ask here or at scan-ne.net. There are some very well informed people over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.