Maximum ERP vs. Output Power on the licenses

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to update the licenses that when they show up in RR that they show the output power instead of, or in addition to, the Maximum ERP? One license , for example, has a max erp of 100 watts, but the output power is only 40 watts. I have found that many licenses have vastly different values, which I believe displaying both would make it easier to figure out the range if the Output power was displayed instead.
WRKI481 RR
WRKI481 FCC

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
It's set up the way it is because ERP is a more accurate way to determine range, as it takes into account losses or gains in the antenna system.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's set up the way it is because ERP is a more accurate way to determine range, as it takes into account losses or gains in the antenna system.
Indeed! 150 watts right out of the back of a PA doesn't mean much if that RF is going through a transmit combiner then up a 300' tower.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Indeed! 150 watts right out of the back of a PA doesn't mean much if that RF is going through a transmit combiner then up a 300' tower.
Or like some of the industrial 800/900 transmitters in my area with a 10-30 watt transmitter but ERP in the milliwatts for RFID and short range data transfer.