• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MaxTrac 300 Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboss1634

My Moto MaxTrac 300 UHF 6ch has the scan button on the control head, but I cannot access the scan list in the rss. I am able to get into the user program scan list and alter the list. When I exit the user program scan and enable scan it will only recieve activity on channels 1 & 6. it does this no matter how I set up the scanlist. It is scanning, but not what I want it to scan. Ideas?

K

kb0nly

Do you have priority set to 1 or 6 and do you have it on channel 1 or 6?

Sounds to me like you need to ground the Hook line, in other words the mic hang up needs to be grounded to scan. When i read that i thought i bet he is sitting on channel 1 or channel 6 and he has priority programmed for the other its stopping on. Or dual priority and both 1 and 6 are set to Pri 1 and Pri 2.

If you go to the mode edit, F5, then once you are in mode edit hit F6 to see the scanlist for each mode, aka channel.

I just got done programming like sixty of these... LOL

airboss1634

Thats the funny thing. There is no scanlist setting in the rss (R60100) for this radio. It is a 5 pin, no signalling, 6ch basic maxtrac 300 with a 64 block codeplug, but does have the scan button on the control head. It does seem to be scanning between 1 and 6, but does not pick up on the others. In the scanlist user program mode (using control head buttons) I am setting ch1 as priority and 2-5 as non priority, leaving ch6 out of the list, and it still scans ch6. Also, I am using a desktop microphone, so the ground loop is closed.

gary123

try taking out the priorities and see if the scan display reverts to the "=" . If it does the try editing the scan. Its been a while but i believe that the channel personality has a scan field in it too check that it isnt enabled also.If I remember correctly the maxtrac series radios temporarily places the current channel into the list when scan is selected.

airboss1634

I have used a few versions of the RSS, there is no scan setting in the mode configuration screen. Nowhere in the RSS is there any scan settings. I am trying to edit the list from the buttons on the front control panel of the radio itself. I know that it is scanning, because it does switch to another channel from my set channel. However I am unable to save the new settings.

gary123

in the rss there is a field to enable operator select scan. enable that then you should be able to edit the list from the front pannel.

Status
Not open for further replies.