May have found Barksdale AFB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezric

Found a system on 408.5650, sounds encrypted. I may have something wrong, maybe somebody can help.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Set it up three different ways.... First as an P-25 conventional and see what pops.. Also set in another "bank" depending on type of scanner you run as an Motorola CC... and then agin in another as EDACS CC.... Monitor and soon you will know... If your using one of the newer scanners it would show ENC and youd know real fast. Also see here- http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4256

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezric

Set it up three different ways.... First as an P-25 conventional and see what pops.. Also set in another "bank" depending on type of scanner you run as an Motorola CC... and then agin in another as EDACS CC.... Monitor and soon you will know... If your using one of the newer scanners it would show ENC and youd know real fast. Also see here- Barksdale Air Force Base Trunking System, Bossier City, Louisiana - Scanner Frequencies

I'm using a Bcd996t, and have loaded it as P-25, and as a uhf, I can only get a controll channel on P-25. When listening on this system i get ids, but all i get is gibberish, just short blips of sound, as if it is rapidly changing channels. I do not get "ENC" display. Do I have the band plan right. The channels i have picked up while monitoring this are all on a .200 Khz spacing.

Not sure what to else to do?

INDY72

OK if you can run Universal Trunker or Trunk88 on it and get alt CC's the main CC, and other data.. I am looking to see what info if any we have on that..... If indeed it is a second site.. once we have the info including bandplan.. I can set that up for us in the db.... Nice work thus far! Oh btw.. if you can pick up the primary site.. and get the sysid...??? Spacing should be around the 50... offset should be 380 or run pro96com on it

Ezric

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13223/960; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

The more I research this, the more it looks like a ProVoice system. Can anybody else verify this?

INDY72

ProVoice is EDACS... your confirming it is P-25. If it was an EDACS PV system it would show as ED, not P-25 and would not be decodable .... The bandplan is the pita.. Once you have that figured out it will make a tad more sense.... There is a good possibility it is Encrypted talkgroups on P-25 UHF.... can you find a way to record audio of the talkgroups? Digital encryption is pretty easy to identify as far as what it sounds like...

I will go ahead and stage this system up until we confirm more info on it. Great job so far, Federal systems are truly an challenge!

Also if you can get the WACN which is the P-25 version of an connect tone.. it will confirm it is P-25...

INDY72

Also see your PM.... You found a new TRS, excellent work, now we need more data before we can get it really going

Ezric

Great news!
Actually heard some audio today, and above all else I think it may have been the Space Shuttle taxing to takeoff. Could be wrong but it was about that time it took off. It was the only coherent thing i heard. Aside from that I made a recording of what i usually hear. Also you will be able to see what the scanner is doing while these short blips occur. You will need quicktime to view the file. It was made from my mobile phone, so it may be a little fuzzy. For those who would like to hear it send me a pm with your email address and i will send it to you.

Last edited:

INDY72

The proper freqs, proper bandplan... And your good to go... I will post up the system today, and any assistance on the bandplan etc, would be appreciated...

wise871

Database Admin
Who comes up with the System Talk Group arrangement for Barksdale AFB on RR?? There are too many, almost like each TG ID has its own system. I see this on most of the Air Force Base listings on RR. Take a look at Barksdale Barksdale Air Force Base - Units

Most base are divided up in Groups/Units like the following:
Maintenance Group
Medical Group
Operations Group
Mission Support Group
Tenant Units
ETC

To fix Barksdales listing they should put Aircraft Maintenance, Line Chief, MOCC, and Armament all under the Maintenance Group. I just wanted to point this out.

Last edited:

INDY72

We add them as they are submitted... If a listener can identify the proper arrangements for the tg's, then submits this data we can set it up properly. If your able to monitor the new P-25 system and can id the set up properly, please do so and submit the info to us. We love any updates that are that accurate and detailed. Also, does anyone have data on if the old TRS is still in use or is it offlined?

INDY72

TG's for the old system updated... Hopefully we can get the new systems full data soon. :)

Ezric

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13223/998; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

See below

Last edited:

Ezric

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13223/998; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Milf, did you get my email with the video? If so what did you make of it?

INDY72

I replied vias e-mail.... As far as I can tell the settings for bandplan for the UHF need tweeked... Its not sounding encrypted, just clipped and possibly a tad of motorboating.... This can happen when not all of the freqs are known as well as incorrect bandplans... NOTE- On digital sometimes you may have motorboating no matter what you do scannerwise. I wish I could get my 96 on that bad boy and play around, and run Pro96Com on it... That would get me the bandplan realll fast.... Anyway the system is up in the db, so anyone that can monitor please do so and give us a hand in getting this bad boy set up correctly. TY!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Can someone in the area please verify the WACN for this system? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.