• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MCC5500 & DBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdu219

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a copy of the operating software for a MCC5500 console. I am also looking for the Database Administrator so I can do an alias list for our console. I have reached out to Motorola and they gave me a ticket number but that was 2 months ago. Hear the silence? That's them calling! We purchased a MCC5500 from the "Big M" and now they seem to act as tho they dont know us. I am the radio system coordinator for my department and I want to set the console(s) (2 position) up they way it was meant to be. The old radio shop, who I have severed ties with called when I sent my M rep an e-mail. "we left it on the console" Thanks but, that was 4 years ago.
THANKS for any help you can provide.

You can PM me

sdu219

Premium Subscriber
MCC5500

Come on someone has to know something that can help us out with Database management system or Alias Database manager?

Last edited:

jim202

I am looking for a copy of the operating software for a MCC5500 console. I am also looking for the Database Administrator so I can do an alias list for our console. I have reached out to Motorola and they gave me a ticket number but that was 2 months ago. Hear the silence? That's them calling! We purchased a MCC5500 from the "Big M" and now they seem to act as tho they dont know us. I am the radio system coordinator for my department and I want to set the console(s) (2 position) up they way it was meant to be. The old radio shop, who I have severed ties with called when I sent my M rep an e-mail. "we left it on the console" Thanks but, that was 4 years ago.
THANKS for any help you can provide.

You can PM me

I call it the Motorola goose step. Don't know if you have ever been to the school Motorola has in IL., but all the motels around there seem to have these large flocks of large Canadian geese all the time. The leave their calling cards all over the place just like the Motorola sales team members do. Then after you buy their equipment, you can't even get a return call from them. They seemed to have forgot real fast that it was you that put that fat commission in their pockets.

Maybe it's time to make a call to the regional manager and explain to him that your lawyer is drafting a court summons over the failure to support the equipment you just bought. Kind of takes a major hit with a sledge hammer to get the company's attention at times.

firefive76

If you only have 2 positions, you don't really need the ADM. All the ADM does is sync all of the consoles. You can still have aliases but you will have to program both consoles with them. It's under the Caller ID option in one of the menu bar options at the top (can't remember what menu its under.)

sdu219

Premium Subscriber
My current radio shop took the time to show me how it is done via the console position and it is working fine. Now I just have to enter 450 IDs into one of the consoles and "sneaker drive" it to the other position and all should be good. Thanks for nothing MOTOROLA and Mr McCone.
Thank you RR folks and Paul and Rob from Allcomm

Status
Not open for further replies.