MCS 2000 Hard to describe problem.

Hey all,
We have two patrol cars with MCS2000 radios in them. I have no issues programming them with my old laptop and Motorola RIB, but there is a weird problem on some frequencies.

For lack of the correct words to articulate the issue I will try and describe the symptoms.

On a few frequencies (but not all) when receiving, the volume (amplitude?) goes up and down (or in and out) in a measured way.

These frequencies have different transmit and receive frequencies and different encode/decode CTCSS enabled. They are supposed to be Narrowband.

I KNOW I am doing something wrong in the programming, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

Please help?

Thank you!

Rick

Premium Subscriber
Rick,

This is a little difficult to do without having the program software in front of me, but the radio can do narrowband (11K2) but may also still do "wideband" (20K0). Check the personalities you've created for each channel. They should be 12.5 for each. Also, check to see if there's any compandoring enabled. You should not have anything use "Hear Clear" if that's a menu option.

Hope that gives you a lead in making things more workable.

A measured interruption almost sounds like the priority sampling circuit but it would affect all channels except the priority channel.

OK FYI I am using CPS 02.03 on an old Windows XP laptop.

I did check for 12.5 channel spacing. All good.

I don't see anywhere to check for Priority Sampling.

Any additional info would be great.

I believe (but am not 100% sure) that the Primary channel doesn't change in volume when receiving.

A plectron style tone comes across as HI-Lo or the lo is not heard at all. Very annoying!

Thanks again,

Rick

OK FYI I am using CPS 02.03 on an old Windows XP laptop.

I did check for 12.5 channel spacing. All good.

I don't see anywhere to check for Priority Sampling.

Any additional info would be great.

I believe (but am not 100% sure) that the Primary channel doesn't change in volume when receiving.

A plectron style tone comes across as HI-Lo or the lo is not heard at all. Very annoying!

Thanks again,

Rick

Priority Sampling, sounds like you’re missing a set time. You would not have this happen if the radio was on the priority channel.

The functionality I have now is great. Just scans through all conventional frequencies and stops when it "hears" something for a few seconds (or longer if transmission continues" then back to Scan. 1 Channel is marked priority. (Channel1)

Not sure what to play with to fix the high/low volume while scanning (except on priority).

Rich

The thread is leaning towards the audio hole that is prevalent during priority scan. Just go to your scan list and disable priority 1 and priority 2 and see if that takes care of it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk