• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MCS2000 boot loop

Mjsff4

Premium Subscriber
I’m working on a new to me MCS2000 model ii 110w dual head set up, I’m running into the issue of it being stuck in a boot loop when both the control heads are attatched to the cable with the ignition sense wire and power wire being gave 12v + but when either of the control heads are disconnected the radio will run through the self test and work correctly as soon as the secondary head is connected it begins running through a boot loop no matter what position the heads are placed. The only thing I do not have as it is still in shipping is the rear amplified speaker for the rear control head and I’m not sure if that would cause these symptoms or not. Attatched is the info from service mode along with a picture of how far the radio boots before it resets. Any info would be a great help! IMG_3821.jpegIMG_3820.jpegIMG_3819.jpegIMG_3822.jpegIMG_3823.jpeg

a417

New to you, but did the old seller have it used in this fashion?

Mjsff4

Premium Subscriber
It came out of a decommissioned ambulance and was set up for the dual head mode when it was removed, all the programming supports this when the one head is removed and the radio boots all the way

a417

I hope you got all the pieces of it, and the correct ones at that. I have seen many units like that get removed from a decommissioned apparatus, and be damaged in the process.

First thing to look at is to make sure the wiring harness wasn't damaged in the process. Then I would start looking at the control heads for damage or shorts in the CH plugs and accessory plug areas.

Is it mid or high power?

a417

Are you positive the wiring is undamaged? If you're getting bootloops instead of errors (in the control heads), I'm thinking it's a short.