Maricopa County new P25 system

hulka

Was listening this morning to the system for a bit. TG #1 sounds like protective services. I heard them checking different locations at various buildings downtown. I forgot my notes but 2930001 sounds like it is the dispatch person (they referred to him as admin) also I noticed slot 1 blinking on my scanner. What does that mean?

There were 2 other TG that were active which sounded like maintenance. They were working on air handlers and fire pump testing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hulka

Ok. Here is what I can guess to some of the TG’s that are by listening to the system the last few days.

1203 - Animal Care and Control Main. 1220005 is dispatch ID
1204 - Animal Care and Control TAC
2301 - Maintenance
2303 - Maintenance
2403 - Public Health? (Talk about clinic and sending people in to visitation).
1 Protective Service/security or what ever they go by now.
(Previous post has dispatch ID)

I have not heard any a Deputy’s or Detention yet on here. So I guess they are slowly switching people over.

Last edited:

hulka

3dc2f4b7c7da8258e056e06757b450e6.jpg

What does slot one mean? If I recall I saw “Slot 2” also at one point also.

mm

SLOTS 1 AND 2 in this case are unique to TDMA, TIME DIVISION MULTIPLE ACCESS systems as opposed to p25 phase 1 which is a FDMA, FREQUENCY DIVISION...system.

In TDMA, 2 seperate talkgroups can share the same voice channel/FREQUENCY with a first in basis of the #1 talkgroup(TG'S) assigned to time slot 1 and the 2nd in talkgroup assigned to time slot 2 but both TG'S using one single frequency.

With FDMA these 2 same talkgroups would require 2 seperate voice channels/frequencies and a phase1 scanner would miss talkgroup 2 activity while locked on talkgroup 1.

With a TDMA scanner you can possible listen to both talkgroups activity in stereo with example talkgroup 1 in the right ear and talkgroup 2 in the left air with the scanner sitting on 1 single frequency.

I do this with a sdr dongle and sdr sharp outputting IQ DATA to the DSD+ DIGITAL DECODER with DMR systems because there are no p25p2 systems where I live.

To do this with a phase 1 FDMA system simultaneously listening to 2 TG'S at the same time requires 2 scanners.

MM
Prescott

hulka

2902 is Security Services
1203 is Animal Care and Control
2301 is maintenance

It seems like they are slowly adding people to the system. I will listen more next week when I have some time.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
2902 is Security Services
1203 is Animal Care and Control
2301 is maintenance

It seems like they are slowly adding people to the system. I will listen more next week when I have some time.

I need to get back to listening to this system more as well...good to see it coming to life. Thanks for posting the update.

hulka

2701 sounds like parks. They were just talking about a campsites that was packing up early. I did not hear which park it was. Not sure if they are doing one for each park or how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

N9JIG

Sheriff
Got a couple hits on 1301 from the White Tanks site today.

I think 2701 might be White Tanks Regional Park as I got a lot of hits from that at the White Tanks site as well.

A couple new freqs logged by ProScan at the White Tanks site: 771.65625, 771.90625, 772.15625, 772.40625. Looks like the only channels logged that were listed in the database was the control channel of 774.65625 and voice channel 771.40625. I cleared the log and will check back again later now that I deleted all other sites, just to be sure...

Last edited:

hulka

I picked up the parks yesterday. It was the entry point talking to the nature center. Not sure how the new stuff is set up yet.

2303 is maintenance 3. Heard them a bunch today on it talking about fixing stuff and saying, “on 3”

I did not pick up any new stuff today listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hulka

Anyone else listening to this system?

Here is what I have so far:
2301 FMD-1
2302 FMD-2
2303 FMD-3
1502 Radio Shop
2201 Equipment Services
1403 McDOT
2902 Security Services
1203 Animal Care and Control

Here is what I have seen pop up but do not know what it is yet:

1203 Animal Control tac or maybe they have it divided like East and West or North and South?
2403 - Public Health?

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I don't think that Shaw Butte site is going yet...I'm a mile from the site when at work and can't pick up the system from my office regardless of site. So I'll be glad to see this new site come online when it does. Right now I'm in a bad spot right between Thompson Peak and White tanks and indoors that far from each on the current system, things get dicey. Now I just need to hope that the MCSO dispatch stuff doesn't get encrypted, fingers crossed.

N9JIG

Sheriff
1204 Animal Control
1402 Transportation
1405 Transportation
1406 Transportation
1407 Transportation (REACT)
1501 Radio Shop

Just for reference these TG's were logged but not heard:
2701 Unknown User
3001 Unknown User
3002 Unknown User

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
After paying more attention to the "Downtown" simulcast, I'm getting a bit more but my SDS's really hate this system. The SDS200 with outdoor antenna gets a strong signal from multiple sites but shows all the signs of interference (TG blinks on and off quickly, never goes solid with audio). Actual audio received is minimal and sporadic. Filters don't help.

On the SDS100 with stock duck antenna, and without a filter, I get nothing unless I'm in visual sight of Shaw Butte within 4-5 miles. Once inside of any building, things fall apart. Without a filter I get nothing. With Wide Auto the control channel locks but TG's blink quickly in and out and noise levels go sky-high. However, I can find certain "sweet spots" where some to most transmissions come through. This happens outdoors with visual sight of the towers, and indoors in certain exact spots (think monitoring LSM with non-LSM scanner). Even then signal strength fluctuates wildly. A mile away from Shaw Butte, standing in the open, looking at the radio towers, I can watch the signal go in a second from -45dBm to -110dBM. No other system that I monitor behaves this way. I'm hoping this system is still enough of a "work in progress" that matters will improve for me. Obviously others are having better luck.

I have my 100 sitting in its "sweet spot" in my work office right now and it's picking up conversations. Just FYI, but my office sits less than a mile from Shaw Butte, and I can walk outside and clearly see all the towers. I'm naming TGs and then TLO'ing them as I go so that I can focus on the new / unnamed stuff. I heard conversations on 3001 this morning but didn't get enough info to establish who was talking.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I don't think that Shaw Butte site is going yet...I'm a mile from the site when at work and can't pick up the system from my office regardless of site.

The Shaw Butte transmitter is online. It is part of the Downtown Simulcast site. If you cannot receive indoors, you are likely experiencing an issue with interference.