• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MD-380 VHF, locked out of programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I picked up a VHF MD-380 and must have somehow written a default codeplug or something. I am locked out now. It asks for a password when attempting to read or write but I don't know what the password is. 00000000 doesn't work, nor does nothing in the box or any other combo that I've tried. Also, when I try to manually program it once I enter the user password of 00000000 it says unlock but then immediately goes to lock again. I can't get in at all.

Any ideas?
You need to A go and install the older firmware or go here https://radio-hire.co.uk/news/how-to-bypass-tyt-md-2017-power-on-password

I emailed TYT and kinda *****ed them out for messing up our HTs

SCPD

QRT
Tried this but its not compatible with the gps version (MD380G)

Anyone have a different solution? I've checked out the GIT solution with MD-380 tools but can't for the life of me figure out where to even start. Anyone have a link to a step-by-step for installing and running MD380 tools?
Hi

I had a freshly made code plug and its still asked for the password so that is a lie. I mean they wont own up to their mess up!

lolobzrs

Password Delect 380

I have been in contact with TYT overnight, and their software engineers have made a program for the radio that will bypass the need for the password. I have tried it and it works fine.

Kudos to the software engineer at TYT for getting this done in such short order.

Unfortunately, I can't attach the file to this post because it's too big.

Private message me if you need the file, and I will send it to you.

73 french ham,

Could you give me a application for password delect 380 ??

my adress : laurentadpc34@aol.com

QSL ??

congratulation

docsam

Me too...

I have been using my MD380 for several months without any problem. However while trying to program a simplex frequency to work with my SharkRF openspot, it asked me for a programming password.

I never programmed a password into the software or radio before.

I tried to follow the link on the previous thread, but it has been deleted or the page is missing.

Does anyone have a new link for the software that will program the radio without the password?

Thanks

N4RT

Password File Needed

The link to the software to reset the password is no longer valid. Can someone please send me a new link or a copy of the software? I have an MD-380 (no gps) that has the random password issue and I can't do anything with it.

Ron N4RT

LarsV

Hi Tombofix1948,
Do you still have the tool for bypassing the programming pssword?
Got a locked up radio, but would like te retrieve the codeplug.
Thanks.

LarsV

Hello Hill,

all passwords have been changed by my predecessor.
I have to program some new radios with the exact same codeplug a the existing ones, but can not read the current one from the radio.

la9jfa

QUOTE=tango1179;2656154

I have been in contact with TYT overnight, and their software engineers have made a program for the radio that will bypass the need for the password. I have tried it and it works fine.

Kudos to the software engineer at TYT for getting this done in such short order.

Struggle with he same problem.
Do you have some way to send me the software. Dropbox or some other ways.

Regards LA9JFA Harald in Norway

kb2mfs

Struggle with he same problem.
Do you have some way to send me the software. Dropbox or some other ways.

Regards LA9JFA Harald in Norway

I too would like to have a solution to this problem. I have a new MD380 showing the same password problem.

Tim KB2MFS

kb2mfs at g mail dot com

neal243

Can you send me a link to the program to clear the password

Can you email me the link to reset the MD380 password

wbsli

I cannot message tango1179 to get the file. does anyone have a link to the file on another server somewhere? My md-380 is bricked with the password issue. bottom line is i will never buy another tyt anything. The TYT stuff is cheap junk! I attempted contacting thee via email. i might as well be shouting at them from here in the states. No support.

namitutonka

I followed the instructions, and successfully installed MD380Tools on my Windows 10 machine from the following link:
Not simple, but much more so than using git and cygwin. Using the referenced YouTube link, you create a virtual interface in Oracle VM Virtual box. Not entirely intuitive. help, is a good command within the virtual (tyt@DmR :~$_) command line interface. There are two commands to recover a locked radio. rtdpassreset command clears the codeplug Password. rtdblank command: Force Blank Codeplug to Radio. There are over a dozen other commands.

Ubbe

If you can accept to get your TYT reset and cleaned out of all programming then get the firmware upgrade program from TYTs home page and the firmware file and "upgrade". Or perhaps you must first upgrade using the firmware file for md380tool version (google for it) and power up to clear all memory positions and then upgrade with the TYT firmware file. Or the other way around if you already use the md380tool firmware.

To keep the codeplug information you'll have to resort to some sort of unix shell to be able to send those password reset commands.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.