Mdc-1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I did a search and I saw a post several months ago about adding MDC-1200 to Uniden. Granted, much of the focus is on trunked systems, and I listen to them, too, but I wouldn't mind seeing MDC-1200 decode display on the Uniden line. Much like Radio ID has been added, MDC-1200 could display on that same line when monitoring a frequency that uses it. I have used WinMDCD while listening with a receiver in the past and it worked pretty well. This software uses the sound card input from the headphone jack of the scanner. A data slicer is not needed. A discriminator tap is also not needed, but would probably increase the level of detection.

antistatic.org - winmdcd

PeterGV

K1PGV
Yup. Agreed. MDC decode would be a wonderful addition.

I have no idea why this hasn't been done... patent/license issues? It sure seems like it would both an easy and useful addition.

Peter
K1PGV

W2SJW

Database Admin
I doubt it is related to patent issues - multiple radio manufacturers have it in some of there radios now as an option (ICOM is the first that comes to mind)...

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
So the new uniden unit - ID update feature will not work with MDC decoding? I was under the impression it would be able to decode but Ive only briefly looked into this new update. What exactly will it decode then? Units on a trunking system?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.