MDC ID aliasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Is there any way the admins can add a section so we can add aliases to MDC IDs? I know a lot of people use radios capable of decoding it, not to mention the WinMDC can too!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
K8TEK said:
Is there any way the admins can add a section so we can add aliases to MDC IDs? I know a lot of people use radios capable of decoding it, not to mention the WinMDC can too!
An idea similar to this was floated about radio id's for TRS'. The current answer is no, for a couple of reasons. It can quickly become an administrative nightmare and it also may prove just a bit invasive. I would assume that an MDC alias section in the DB would even add an additional layer in that there really is no function in the conventional are for attaching a list to an individual frequency or linking the frequencies together.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Do one list per agency! I don't imagine a lot of people would use it, but it would be nice to have.

Gilligan

Database Admin
K8TEK said:
Do one list per agency! I don't imagine a lot of people would use it, but it would be nice to have.
It could have a link in the system notes and basically just be a text file. Anyone who wants to use it would have it. We use something similar for Unidentified Federal and Military here in OKC.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Why not create a thread in the appropriate State forum and use that for a repository? I don't see Lindsay doing this either. It's niche thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.