MdTA Police - Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
In the past week or so, I've noticed an absence of radio traffic on the Lane (Bay) Bridge frequency. Has anything changed? New PL? New transmitter/tower? New frequencies?

I Live in Annapolis and normally receive them on both the 785 and my 396 - now nothing...

CA
Annapolis

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Just heard a call...

CA-
I'm pretty sure I just heard someone calling "Lane" for a 10-29... will sit on 453.575 (CT 127.3) for awhile, just to be certain.
Regards,

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
Reception does seem especially bad...

Just heard a call for another unit at the scales... wonder if the weather has anything to do with the poor reception, today.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
In the past hour or so, Iv'e been receiving weak transmissions for the Lane Bridge, so I guess the Freq/PL combination is still good. Maybe it's the weather, or maybe their antenna/transmission cable has been damaged by recent rains and thunderstorms?

CA
Annapolis

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
You have a point... something must be up. I don't every remember reception ever being so poor for that detatchment. I actually had to adjust my squelch to bring it in...

Have a great 4th!

TinEar

Most recently heard them last night - all three that operate on that .575 freq - Bay Bridge/Port-Key Bridge/Hatem Bridge with their respective PL tones. McHenry on .475, Nice Bridge on .975 and BWI Airport on .900 are all operating normally also. No changes detected.

I have had days occasionally where the Bay Bridge signal gets weak. No idea why.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The Lane/Bay Bridge detachment is now coming in loud and clear here in Annapolis. Maybe the atmospherics have improved (or the transmission cable dried out...)

CA
Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.