Med 92 Valley Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys;

While doing a search of the 450-470 MHz. band I got a hit on
462.9625 which is med 92. I sat on this frequency for a while and sure enough I
got a 192.8 PL tone which is obviously Northwest. All the audio so far has been test related.
The signal is loud and clear in the Derby / Ansonia area.
Other than the occasional audio tests, the channel has been quiet so far.
Med 42 works really well from what I can hear for patches to Griffin.
Not sure what this new repeater on med 92 is going to be used for.
I thought about maybe a better channel / repeater to improve VEMS Medics coverage but that's just a hunch.
Just thought I'd pass this on!

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Update:

A.R.M.S. was doing radio tests just now. A person on a portable was
just calling " Car-1" to check if he was heard. Then a reference was made to meeting at "Griff".
Northwest confirmed the radio transmissions. So Ansonia is definitely a user, but not sure who else will be.

Manny

emtprt

Premium Subscriber
NW Med 92 has been in the works for a while. The last update I had it was to be used as a Valley wide EMS tactical and general communication channel taking the place of our old NH MED 10. Med 42 will be used to patch into Griffin and 92 calling NWPS. Out of region units currently call and patch on 42.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

NW Med 92 has been in the works for a while. The last update I had it was to be used as a Valley wide EMS tactical and general communication channel taking the place of our old NH MED 10. Med 42 will be used to patch into Griffin and 92 calling NWPS. Out of region units currently call and patch on 42.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for clearing that up. So by using Med 92, it separates the two types of uses, calling and patching which as you pointed out are currently being done on Med 42. ARMS car-1 was doing extensive testing yesterday. From Oxford to Yale hospital parking lot and lots of other places. Repeater is getting really good audio. Northwest has a license for it out of Seymour with 100 watts TX power. Very nice. Hopes it serves you EMS folks well! So far though, I hear Med-102 being repeated on Med-92 like a cross patch. I thought I was hearing things until I had 92 / 102 on at the same time. I wonder whats up with that?

Manny

Last edited:

scollier

Yes. It will be like med 10 for amr/out of area mutual aid. So they don't accidentally walk over a code patch really it would just be shelton Milford amr etc calling in for 42. Which is kinda a pain but... Ans derb and all other valley nw towns would just ask on their disp. Wild work good for vems to talk to bls instead of nw playing repeater 😄

Besshawn

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
Any idea when this will go into affect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
The problem is, right now it's being used as a direct simulcast of Med-102 which is a calling channel in the Meriden area for those who operate up towards that way. So I imagine at some point Northwest will have to drop THAT traffic and leave the channel clear for out of area units coming into the valley or as was pointed out, VEMS talking to bls crews, etc. I don't understand why they are simulcasting Meriden traffic in the valley area.

Manny

Last edited:

APX7500X2

Just FYI Meds 9-10-1 & 102 are patched together by north west 24/7/365 so traffic from Meriden to Danbury is herd on all those channels, they have now patched 92 into this also. Only 1 dispatcher does all the coordination and patching channels so they are together to keep units from calling in all at the same time, a very smart move to keep things under control. the 9,10,1 patch has been ongoing for at least the last 10 years and they added 102 when it came on line....If the same dispatcher is going to do 92 it just makes sense to put it in the patch also.

92 is still in testing phase, it will be a little while before they decide how to use it. Enjoy the expanded listening opportunity!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI Meds 9-10-1 & 102 are patched together by north west 24/7/365 so traffic from Meriden to Danbury is herd on all those channels, they have now patched 92 into this also. Only 1 dispatcher does all the coordination and patching channels so they are together to keep units from calling in all at the same time, a very smart move to keep things under control. the 9,10,1 patch has been ongoing for at least the last 10 years and they added 102 when it came on line....If the same dispatcher is going to do 92 it just makes sense to put it in the patch also.

92 is still in testing phase, it will be a little while before they decide how to use it. Enjoy the expanded listening opportunity!

Thanks for clearing that up APX! I knew about the med 9/10/1/and 102 frequencies being patched together.
Initially I thought 92 was going to be different because it was quiet and ARMS in Ansonia was the only one doing any testing. This went on for a little bit. Then suddenly the channel was alive with activity that I immediately recognized as being from the other patched channels in the Meriden area. It threw me for a loop! I went upstairs in the main part of my house after leaving the shack area, and later returned to find the change. Talk about a head scratcher..LOL

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.