Medina county and narrow banding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-KC8OWL

Does anyone have any insight into Medina county's plans for the switch to narrow band? Most all of the public safety in the county (with the exception of OSP) is currently conventional UHF analog.

Thanks

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
According to the FCC and RR databases they have upgraded their licenses for narrow band. It depends if their current equipment is compatible or they need to buy new.

I see the county has a P25 system licensed. It is also possible they could switch to that.

budevans

According to the FCC and RR databases they have upgraded their licenses for narrow band. It depends if their current equipment is compatible or they need to buy new.

I see the county has a P25 system licensed. It is also possible they could switch to that.

Just curious, I don't see any P25 systems listed for Medina County in the RR Database.

Note: I am aware that the MARCS Strongsville tower is actually located in Medina County. The new MARCS P25 system being deployed in Cuyahoga County does include the Strongsville tower.

owenbricker

Medina county

If you notice, narrowband analog,P25,mototrbo,and nexedge are all on the same license. their vendor,Vasu communications, has licensed other customers in Medina,Lorain,Huron,Ashland,Richland,Knox,and others the same way. Vasu markets all of those, that way a licensee can use any of them.

budevans

453.46250 WPTT656 RM Medina SO 3 Medina Co Sheriff P25 Law Talk
453.71250 WPTT656 RM Medina SO 4 Medina Co Sheriff P25 Law Talk

My bad, when you wrote about a licensed P25 system I thought you were referring to a Project 25 (trunking) system.

Status
Not open for further replies.