Meeting And Uniden SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
With there being some interest in another get together and some likely interest in the new Uniden SDS200, I will throw this idea out for discussion. When someone here in the area gets a Uniden SDS200 and is willing to bring it to a meeting, please let me know and I will arrange one. (This time I hope to actually be present at the next meeting!)

It seems like someone may have one on order already. It may take a bit of time to get up to speed on it. One the other hand, if you already have a Uniden SDS100, it might not take that long at all.

Anyway, let's hear it, who has one on order? When you get it, would you be willing to bring it to a meeting and show it off? If so, please post here.

Date wise, I seem to recall that the Sunday one week after the Superbowl is often a pretty quiet time and might be an opportune time for a meeting. On the other hand, if someone gets an SDS200 sooner and is willing to do a meeting sooner, I am receptive to that, also.

Also, is anybody here using a digital ham radio hotspot? I am giving some thought to buying one and would love to see one in operation first.

JASII

Memory Capacity
That would be great, Matt! The other Matt, NØTNL, if definitely up for a meeting again, too.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thanks for the reply. I guess I better check and see when the SDS200 is likely to be released. I, obviously, need to build in enough time for someone to buy it and learn at least a little bit about it.

For those of you using the SDS100 here in Minnesota on ARMER, how well is it doing on ARMER?

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Haven’t been to a meeting in awhile. Would like to see the new 200 in action. Was considering one but my 436 is still doing fine so just purchased the Icom R30.

JASII

Memory Capacity
According to Universal Radio: "Availability is scheduled for mid February" for the Uniden SDS200, so any future meeting would likely be sometime after that.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have read in the Uniden forums that the SDS200 is starting to show up for some buyers now.

Just as a reminder, please let me know when someone here has one and wants to demonstrate it to us a a meeting.

citiot

ʇoᴉʇᴉɔ
Premium Subscriber
I was going to get one, but decided to get the SDS100 instead because of the issues elsewhere in the forums. Last scanner I bought was a 396XT. SDS100 quite a different beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.