Melbourne, FL hamfest, Oct 7th-8th 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
As per an announcement released today by PCARS.ORG, the Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society, the Melbourne hamfest has been rescheduled for two weeks later due to the incoming hurricane.

Ham Friends,

Due to Hurricane Matthew the Melbourne Hamfest and ARRL Florida State Convention has been postponed 2 weeks until October 21th and 22nd. If you have ordered swap tables and/or Tickets, they will still be honored.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Click here for the Melbourne Hamfest Website.

Don Winn AF4Z
Hamfest Chairman

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
It's over, and it was fun. For me, selling off excess equipment, I would say it was a surprisingly successful
and well attended hamfest, considering that it was rescheduled two weeks due to Hurricane Matthew, and thus that caused scheduling issues with a lot of the regular larger vendors.

Just one bad thing happened: Apparently, someone decided to appropriate my VHF Astro Saber III without bothering to pay for it.

They're not worth a lot these days anyway. But I truly despise a thief and he does NOT want me to catch him. Oh, I'll call the police and let them handle it...AFTER other things happen.

It's a fully whored out VHF ASIII and I have the serial and flash information on file. It has some distinctive features that I will not define on the forum. People interested in knowing more can PM me about it.

There is a reward for its recovery.

N4KVE

Sorry to hear this. I called you numerous times on 446 MHz to try a FTF. Nice cool weather, the coolest in years, but the tailgate area was quite empty with the missing vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.