Menifee Monitoring Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am hoping to learn of some of the best monitoring options for the Menifee area, other than the RCS EDACS system and confirm some of the following:

Riverside County Sheriff for Menifee area -- Am I correct that I want to program in the South System and the talkgroups for Menifee are 531 and 532? Any other TG's that they use?

Riverside County Fire -- Are 151.385 and 154.445 my best bet? Any other active frequencies you would suggest?

CAL FIRE -- I admit that I am really lost in this area. What are the best freqs for CA FIRE dispatch, response, command and tachital in the Menifee, Temecula, Murrieta area?

AMR -- Which frequencies do they use for the Menifee area? How about Temecula and Murrieta?

CHP -- Is this area 39.8/42.84 or something else?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Riverside County Fire -- Are 151.385 and 154.445 my best bet? Any other active frequencies you would suggest?

CAL FIRE -- I admit that I am really lost in this area. What are the best freqs for CA FIRE dispatch, response, command and tachital in the Menifee, Temecula, Murrieta area?

CAL FIRE IS the Riverside County Fire Department so as long as you listen to RRU 1, you will hear CAL FIRE and Riverside County Fire units being dispatched.

For Menifee, RRU 1 and Support 6 are the freqs used for that area. The RVC tac channels can vary depending on if other incidents are using TAC channels. RVC TACs 6-9 are battalion based but other TAC 6-9 channels can be assigned to different battalions if needed.

For vegetation fires, generally, RRU 2 is the first command channel used within the county. If there is more then 1 vegetation fire, the CDF Command channels will be used. CDF TAC 22 is usually the first TAC channel assigned for fires in the county but others may be used instead. Use the links above to program your scanner and then play/modify freqs as you need.

brandon

Database Admin
155.355 for AMR dispatch ops. They also use 155.265 to talk with Menifee Hospital.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone be able to tell me which Air Tactics frequencies might typically be the most active in the Riverside County are during large fires, or could it be any/all of them? Thanks!

151.220 CSQ CDF Air-to-Ground Primary
169.1125 CSQ CDF Air-to-Ground Secondary
166.675 CSQ Air Tactics 1
169.150 CSQ Air Tactics 2
169.200 CSQ Air Tactics 3
151.280 CSQ Air Tactics 4
151.295 CSQ Air Tactics 5
151.310 CSQ Air Tactics 6
151.2725 CSQ Air Tactics 21
151.2875 CSQ Air Tactics 22
151.3025 CSQ Air Tactics 23
168.625 110.9 PL Air Guard VHF

SCPD

QRT
Cal Fire uses 151 MHz for air to ground and air to air tactics. The 162 MHz plus frequencies belong to the feds. I think air guard on 168.625 MHz is used for all wildfires regardless of agency, but I'm not entirely sure of that. On unified command incidents (USFS-Cal Fire) use of the federal FM aviation frequencies is often made.

SCPD

QRT
CAL FIRE IS the Riverside County Fire Department so as long as you listen to RRU 1, you will hear CAL FIRE and Riverside County Fire units being dispatched.

For Menifee, RRU 1 and Support 6 are the freqs used for that area. The RVC tac channels can vary depending on if other incidents are using TAC channels. RVC TACs 6-9 are battalion based but other TAC 6-9 channels can be assigned to different battalions if needed.

For vegetation fires, generally, RRU 2 is the first command channel used within the county. If there is more then 1 vegetation fire, the CDF Command channels will be used. CDF TAC 22 is usually the first TAC channel assigned for fires in the county but others may be used instead. Use the links above to program your scanner and then play/modify freqs as you need.

Riverside County contracts with Cal Fire to provide a county fire department. Some cities contract with Riverside County to provide fire departments for their city. Once such city is Indio where you will see ladder trucks staffed by individuals wearing Cal Fire shoulder patches. I think it is more than half of California's counties that contract some services with Cal Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.