Mesa County Semi Rollover

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodStrong

0200-Semi rollover blocking both westbound lanes of I70, mm 43. Diesel leaking, extrication needed for believed to be unijured driver.

Palisade PD on scene, EMS/Fire and Troop 4A en route.

u/d-0225-diesel leaking determined to be very minor. Interstate still closed w/b. Heavy duty wrecker en route. CSP supervisor en route. Hanging Lake CDOT working on sign notifications.

Last edited:

RodStrong

u/d 0325-one w/b lane now open at the moment. Still having issues with the trailer blocking.

RodStrong

I-70 Closed For Hours After Semi Rolls Over, Spills Animal Guts

Posted: 10:15 AM May 25, 2008
Last Updated: 8:35 PM May 25, 2008
Reporter: KKCO
Email Address: news@nbc11news.com

Semi Truck Rolls On I-70
Animal guts spill onto Interstate 70 Sunday morning, closing a portion of it for more than nine hours.

The accident happened just after 2:00 Sunday morning at mile marker 43 near Palisade.

Officials say the truck was carrying animal slurry that was to be made into dog food when it rolled over.

Crews closed both westbound lanes to clean up the mess. Officials say a lot animal fat in the slurry made the highway extremely slick. They had to use vac truck to suck it up and then had to power wash the road.

The highway was reopened around 11:20am. During the closure, motorists were detoured through Palisade.

The driver of the truck was taken to the hospital where he was treated and released. Officials believe he may have fallen asleep at the wheel.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/19247484.html

Status
Not open for further replies.