Mesin

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyiv

Feed Provider
I just heard MEMA test of the MESIN on Worcester county's trunked system on tg 0360 and heard all the counties and oc check in i tuned my other scanner on to Wicomico's trunked system and didnt hear any thing just woundering if any body else heard any thing?

guyiv

Feed Provider
WCRadioGuy said:
I don't believe Wicomico has a MESIN TG tied to a trunked TG. I'll see if I can verify this.

I doubt they do come to think about it because they are Motorola and not EDACS and the MESIN is an EDACS network.

EDACSTECH

Ocean City has MESIN networked to the Ocean City & Worcester County EDACS Trunked system without dispatcher or console intervention. This allows all city radios to interoperate with any MESIN user without setting up a console patch. You will not be able to scan MESIN calls from other users without a dispatcher patching MESIN to a trunked group or conventional channel unless others also configure their MESIN interface to their radio system. MESIN is "NETWORK FIRST" technology from M/A-COM but is not EDACS.

tolley

Premium Subscriber
In Dorchester the MESIN can be accessed through the NPSPAC channels or can be patched through to any of the talkgroups on the Motorola system.

WCRadioGuy

tolley said:
In Dorchester the MESIN can be accessed through the NPSPAC channels or can be patched through to any of the talkgroups on the Motorola system.

This can be done on all the systems tied to MESIN.

EDACSTECH

NPSPAC channels 866.0125, 866.5125, 867.0125, 867.5125, 868.0125 until rebanding then subtract 15MHz. MESIN can also be patched to any local Trunked or Conventional Radio System.

doctordave

dpm797,

Those NPSPAC freqs are also available for use in a similar way in the Balt metro area....almost never used, however. On a similar topic, any idea if the Kent radios are programmed with the V-CALL & V-TAC freqs (similar concept - just on high band) ? Cecil does have them programmed in. See this link for freqs: http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=1632

Recent reports of NRP units using the V-TAC freqs at a boating event in Chesapeake City....possibly MSP as well.

dpm797

To the best of my knowledge, Kent does not have the V-tacs. MESIN is only in the dispatch center. The fire units have 154.280, for Mutual Aid. Not sure about Sheriif Dept.

Joseph11

In the MIMICS document, "FEDTAC" is mentioned. Anyone know what frequency that is?

doctordave

Since they seem to be suggesting ONLY a singular Federal freq, my guess would be the DHS / Federal Common freq of 166.4625.

Status
Not open for further replies.