Metro Mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
They use ARMER. The database doesn't differentiate between Transit team and first Transit talkgroups but one can eventually figure it out if so inclined.
Haven't listened in a long time and am not sure how much had moved to computer based dispatching.

482cdd0f35d125a84de95af844844b65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vladyka

They use ARMER. The database doesn't differentiate between Transit team and first Transit talkgroups but one can eventually figure it out if so inclined.
Haven't listened in a long time and am not sure how much had moved to computer based dispatching.

482cdd0f35d125a84de95af844844b65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much!

stmills

I have explored this a few times trying to understand how this all works:
There are 3 zones to Metro Mobility : West, East and South. Transit Team staffs the West Zone, First Transit staffs East and South.
MM has 9 Talkgroups in use and uses some form of data terminals on a different radio network.
3350, 3352, 3354 East Zone
3356, 3358, 3360 West Zone
3362, 3364, 3366 South Zone.
Maybe someone who uses this service can answer the following - If you are doing a round trip call the starts in East drops in West, picks up in west and returns you home in East - do you get a First Transit crew on the first trip and a Transit Team on the second trip or does First Transit pick up at the drop location and bring you home?

Vladyka

Maybe someone who uses this service can answer the following - If you are doing a round trip call the starts in East drops in West, picks up in west and returns you home in East - do you get a First Transit crew on the first trip and a Transit Team on the second trip or does First Transit pick up at the drop location and bring you home?
In my experience of dealing with the M/M (about 20 years) I can say that you are tight to your zone. You are calling to your zone scheduler and requesting the ride. They will shut your way a bus that is closest to you or your destination. But in the case of riding the bust between the zones, ride to your destination almost always will be from your zone, and ride back could be from the different zone, meaning that they will use a bus that is closest to you: you can ride a bus from zone East to Zone West. Something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.