Metro Richmond Ham Radio Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

markrob7000

N4MDR
Premium Subscriber
I'm studying for my technician ham radio license and want to start listening on the local repeaters.

Any recommendations for active ham repeaters in the Metro Richmond area? I'm already monitoring W4RAT and N4VEM.

Thanks!
Mark

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
will be heading to frostfest (maybe), can anyone just give me a few of the main richmond repeaters i can hit from that area? want to program them in. usually when u look up repeaters, there are many many and u really dont know which ones to plug in. thanks

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
will be heading to frostfest (maybe), can anyone just give me a few of the main richmond repeaters i can hit from that area? want to program them in. usually when u look up repeaters, there are many many and u really dont know which ones to plug in. thanks
146.880 (Minus shift, 74.4 PL encode/decode) is very active and will be the talk-in repeater for the event. Otherwise, the KG4MRA repeater I mentioned above (Minus shift, 74.4 PL encode/decode but also mixed mode P25 with a NAC of $293) and the RATS UHF repeater on 442.550 (74.4 PL encode/decode) are active.

I'll be selling tickets at the front gate to Frostfest so I might see some of you!

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
146.880 (Minus shift, 74.4 PL encode/decode) is very active and will be the talk-in repeater for the event. Otherwise, the KG4MRA repeater I mentioned above (Minus shift, 74.4 PL encode/decode but also mixed mode P25 with a NAC of $293) and the RATS UHF repeater on 442.550 (74.4 PL encode/decode) are active.

I'll be selling tickets at the front gate to Frostfest so I might see some of you!
this is the type of REAL information i was looking for. thanks. i will program these in and catch you when i get close on saturday. how much are tickets this year?

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. $10

To hopefully bring the thread back to the OP, come on to the Frostfest this weekend to meet with a bunch of hams all at once!

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. $10

To hopefully bring the thread back to the OP, come on to the Frostfest this weekend to meet with a bunch of hams all at once!
YES, it would be good for the new ham to meet up with hams in richmond. also, thanks for proving specific freqs for the local repeaters there to this ham and myself. just telling him/me to use repeater book is not the most helpful information. i am a seasoned ham and now how to use repeater book, but it is useful to have a local ham provide information about what the "main" or widely used repeaters are to hone down the list to a manageable few. nice that some like yourself try to be TRULY helpful. thanks again for the repeater information. MOST helpful. hams should be helpful to one another, otherwise the hobby will become dead in the water.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I'm studying for my technician ham radio license and want to start listening on the local repeaters.

Any recommendations for active ham repeaters in the Metro Richmond area? I'm already monitoring W4RAT and N4VEM.

Thanks!
Mark
hey Mark. best of luck on getting your ham ticket. i recommend studying for the general right away after you complete the technician. gives you much more freq on hf bands so you are not limited to repeaters and things like irlp and echolink. best of luck!

markrob7000

N4MDR
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies!

I'm planning to attend Frostfest on Saturday. Any recommendations for a first time attendee to think about ahead of time?

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies!

I'm planning to attend Frostfest on Saturday. Any recommendations for a first time attendee to think about ahead of time?
i saw something on the web site of a meet and great the night before. i prob wont go up til morning if i go as coming 75 miles. but, if i were there locally i would attend the friday night meet and greet. i am assuming it is ALL outside at the race track? i have never been to this one. or, is some indoors?

markrob7000

N4MDR
Premium Subscriber
The activities on Saturday are inside an exhibition building on the race track property.

I’m local to Richmond, but I can’t make the Friday night meet and great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.