Metrocrest Quad Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugboy

I was wondering how long it takes to get the database updated?

I'm a CPA/COP member here in Coppell. Coppell has switched over to the digital P25 Metrocrest Quad Cities system and are no longer using the analog system. All I can hear now is the automated dispatch system. Metrocrest Quad Cities has the ability to encrypt.

I was wondering how long it takes for Radio Reference to update the database?

nd5y

It depends.
First somebody must figure out what changed and submit the correct information.
Then a db admin has to process the submission.
That could take hours, days, weeks for an admin to do it. there is no way to tell how long it will take.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Coppell is on the new P25 Phase II, digital system at the link below.

Metrocrest Quad Cities Public Safety Radio System Trunking System, Carrollton, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Addison, Carrollton, Coppell, and Farmers Branch are all dispatched by "NTECC" - North Texas Emergency Communications Center. Police channels are encrypted, except maybe some interoperability channels.

The fire channels are in the clear, so far. I believe new information has been submitted in the past couple of days, and bet the database admins will get to it within a week or so.

If you don't have a P25 Phase II capable scanner, you will be out of luck on hearing the channels that are not encrypted.

Happy Scanning,
Ben

I'm a CPA/COP member here in Coppell. Coppell has switched over to the digital P25 Metrocrest Quad Cities system and are no longer using the analog system. All I can hear now is the automated dispatch system. Metrocrest Quad Cities has the ability to encrypt.

I was wondering how long it takes for Radio Reference to update the database?

n5ims

One other solution is to set your scanner to use a wildcard talkgroup code so you'll pick up all traffic, identified or not (as you probably expect encrypted talkgroups will remain encrypted). Your display won't say "Coppell Fireground 1" as you would expect with properly identified talkgroups that have been submitted to the database and had been added by administrators but would instead just say the talkgroup number (such as "2271"). With your monitoring (especially since you probably know your city and possibly even understand what traffic might be on what channel) you may even be able to help fill out those unidentified talkgroups so others will be able to take advantage of your work in identifying them and submitting them for addition to the RR database.

danimal61

Premium Subscriber
So I finally got the updated frequencies for Carrollton in my scanner today but it seems like all the PD channels are encrypted because I can hear them but they are all garbled. I have a BDC436HP and in Mckinney it doesn't play any sound for the PD channels that are encrypted, but in Carrollton I can hear the garble.. Do I have a setting wrong or something?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So I finally got the updated frequencies for Carrollton in my scanner today but it seems like all the PD channels are encrypted because I can hear them but they are all garbled. I have a BDC436HP and in Mckinney it doesn't play any sound for the PD channels that are encrypted, but in Carrollton I can hear the garble.. Do I have a setting wrong or something?
You don't have a setting wrong.

While the 536, and other Uniden digital scanners, mute encrypted P25 Phase I talkgroups (like McKinney), they is not the case on actual Phase II encrypted transmissions. You'll hear the garbled, R2D2 on steroids, audio. What I did on the encrypted Phase II id's was to set those channels with a 5 second negative delay (-5 from the drop down in Sentinel). That way, the scanner will not stay on the encrypted groups, but they still get scanned, just in case encryption was turned off by some miracle. You can, of course, simply lock them all out, either individually, or put Law Enforcement in a stand alone 'Department', and avoid (lockout) that.

Status
Not open for further replies.