Miami Dade EDACS System Control Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acostanavy

Hello all,

I have noticed that in the Miami Dade EDACS system there is only 1 control channel for ALL the sites. Does this mean that if I program only that control channel into the scanner I should receive communications from all the talkgroups?

shadcall

Hello all,

I have noticed that in the Miami Dade EDACS system there is only 1 control channel for ALL the sites. Does this mean that if I program only that control channel into the scanner I should receive communications from all the talkgroups?

No. In an EDACS system like Miami-Dade, you have to program all of the frequencies in the Logical Channel Number (LCN) order. Those are the numbers you see within each site numbering 1-xx (depending on how many there are). For example site 2, public safety has 20 LCN freqs. Site 3 everglades has only 5. You do not have to program every site in, but I would do so in order to cover the whole area.

You might also be interested to know that sometime in the future Miami-Dade is planning on updating their radios to P25 digital. Here is a link to read about it.

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...rris-corp-100-million-p25-800-mhz-system.html

Status
Not open for further replies.