• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mice at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

vs1988

The place I currently work at has some mice. I worked in the warehouse until last week when they transferred me into the office. I do mostly paperwork stuff, but the makeshift office they assigned me to is more like a semi-closet with a computer (it's the technians' break room). People frequently leave their food and stuff in there, so there are mice. I haven't seen any, but I find their "presents" everywhere, in the corners, under the tables etc. It's pretty gross. People come and go through that room since it connects the real office building to the factory. The techs eat lunch there, but that's it. I'm the only one that has to be in that room 8 hours a day.

What should I do in this situation? It's a little bit sticky because my dad got me this job/works there, and quitting is not an option because I need to have a job all summer per my parents.

I know mouse droppings can be a health hazard cause of the diseases they carry. I might bring a can of Lysol to work and try to clean that room up a bit. Besides that, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Last edited:

Scram

Oooorrr you can report them to the healt department for using that room as a eating place, the condition it is in is a viloation, they would have to clean it up, you can just report them quietly and act all surprise.. or go to a boss type and ask them if they can get matinence to lay some glue boards or rodent traps because of the situation..

I am sure if you ask a boss type person, or inform them nicely that they will do something.. If not head down the health department route, certianly they are in violation since you are having to work in that room..

Ick.

Microwavemike

Mice

What part of the US are you at?
If you are in the west, you have to watch out for Huanta virus in the mouse
dropings and urine. Cleaning the " mess" can cause you to be exposed to the virus.
It is one bug you don't want to get.

mm

SCPD

Just had to do it

Hickory dickory dock
Three mice ran up the clock
The clock struck One

And two were seriously injured...We get this report now live from CNN's Anderson Cooper...
(fade to static now)

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Well I would get a mini CCD camera and strap it to the flea carrying variments and watch where they go with my IC-R3 of course. :lol:

Or, you can add them to the pay roll and train them to deliver messages to your fellow employees. :lol: :lol:

Now the presents are indeed presents. Do you dislike a certain coffee drinking dicking around employ? :twisted: I actually don't recommend this. Not to healthy.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
I say address the issue with your employer. They have a responsibility to make the work environment safe. This way they can't complain that you didn't give them a chance to fix the situation if you have to later go to a government compliance agency.

and I thought this was going to be about comuter mice. :confused:

Last edited:

Pokerstud

Not only wear gloves if you clean up, but at least wear a painters mask. You get the Huanta virus by breathing it in as well!

red8

Can anyone say????????????
Here kitty kitty go get'em!!!!!!!!!
All joking asside I would appropriate some Decon or rat poison and
get rid of them boogers. (I hope Ididn't offend anyone if Idid, LORD
I apolgize about going all out about killin' those lil' creatures, and being with those starving pygmies in New Guenia, AMEN
wish you the best
red8
go junior at Pocono this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLB

I have a good rat story that actually happened about 5 hours ago.

I work at the Charleston IAP on the GA side. Our annex fuel tanks are in a "bowl" type thing made of solid concrete. Basically to ensure the fuel is not lost into the ground in the event of a rupture.

While over there tonight refueling a jet truck, I heard a rustle and saw a huge brown rat. I spat at it and it scampered off. Thinking that it had jumped through the fence, I went on with measuring the fuel in the tanks. When finished, I walked around the other side of the tank to shut off the valves only to see the rat come flying out of the corner, running straight for me. I had never seen anything like this and instinct took over....

I kicked the **** out of the thing, like a football or something, it goes flying 5-6 feet through the air and slams into the side of the concrete "bowl".

Don't know why we've been laughing about it so much, I mean...I killed something, but just the execution of the whole thing I guess is what made it so funny to us.

cristisphoto

JUst be careful cauuuse...

kb2vxa said:
I would have a quiet little discussion in confidence with the state health department and let them handle it.
YEah but if your Employers found out then your Toast:roll:
YES, I know there are retaliation laws...
But here in CA at least they can fire you for ANY reason
Or NONE at all ....:evil:
SO be careful
and do it anonymously as possible...
On the lighter side watch the movie Office Space
Funny stuuuff lol

Warm regards,
Crista

Really though be careful cause being Jobless for ANY reason SUUUXXX
whether it's Disablity, Retirement
sorriness lolol
I speak from experince :wink:

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi again,

Christa, please re-read my post and take note of the words "in confidence".

"Kill the food supply!!!"

Leaving dead bodies around will attract more mice and possibly the police. (;->)

"Who new a mice topic would be so active."

I did, somewhere around here is a guy with them in his garage. If you think this is funny you should have been working the parking lot exit tolls at Newark International Airport when we had a massive rodent population explosion and they got into EVERYTHING. The "clean the mice" notes left in the toll booths were my favorite, I'd write "The mice are cleaner than YOU, pigs and trash attract mice!" One day good fortune smiled down on Lot D, a cat showed up and was adopted by us. Every morning we'd remove the pile of little grey corpses from in front of the toll house door, otherwise no mice. The poor cat one day got run over by a bus but by then the Port Autority had dealt with the mice. Meanwhile we had a useful and lovable pet. RIP kitty, gone but not forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.