Not open for further replies.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Current AR-20 Schedule

Here's the schedule retrieved at 9:25pm EDT for the upcoming AR-20
Get your scanners ready.........

Last edited:

darrylcn

That kicks ass :D I want a helmet and mask for playing flight sim, or Lock On :)

I wonder if it would plug into my PC sound, that would be awsome! lol

Nope, it's a different hookup. The helmet's a VF-142 "Ghostriders" HGU-55. It's awesome!

Thanks again Ed, I'll be listening too.

darrylcn

Flight suit, helmet, mask, g suit, survival vest and gloves. Everything except the life preserver and the chute harness, but they aren't really that visible. I'll pick them up some day too but I'm 90% complete now.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Anyone hear the fueling last night, around 22:39 AST...I caught the tails for the 2, but the first one I only got the last 5 digits...80215 was all I got..would love to know what it was, as I searched with just the 80215 and came up with multiple results, all interesting planes.. but I need that last digit to find the exact match :)

The other tail was the tanker, a KC-10, 638872..I havent been hearing them much the last few days, seems I've be doing other things during the ETA's from the site Jet posted, which I have to say, seems fairly accurate so far, the ones I have heard were within an hour or less of the ETAs. Theres 2 expected tonight, at 9pm and 10.

AR20(NE) 06/18/2010 00:01 06/18/2010 00:45 ZBW 190 210
AR20(NE) 06/18/2010 01:00 06/18/2010 01:45 ZBW 230 250

Last edited:

darrylcn

That's good news. I've actually only heard them twice since I got my scanner a month or so ago. Both within the first three weeks I owned it. They seem to do a lot of work late at night, it was a bit descouraging.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed the same, typically its after 8 or 9 pm.....or its raining when they do a daytime run :mad: but, actually, there is expected to be a refuel at 9AM tomorrow morning acording to the site..

One thing to consider when your listening for this stuff..the transmission's are usually very short..so if your scanning a lot of other channels, odds are you will miss them. You could try setting the primary channel they use as a Priority channel, depending on the scanner you have, that might net you better results.

Also, you mentioned above you had the channels in the same bank as your police channels I think...If thats the case, you might want to try moving them to their own group/bank, since police here are typically on the TMR, which 1 is all FM, and 2 has weird settings so it may not work with those freqs mixed in with the trunked system..maybe I'm wrong, but it might be worth it to try them in a seperate bank, and make sure you have the Air freqs set to AM only.

Last edited:

darrylcn

Thanks for the tips, I don't think it should adversely affect things though, although I'll admit I'm not an expert at my PSR-500 yet. I have the TMR set up as a trunk system with only its local tower control channels, I've just added the PRI/SEC IRF stuff as two CONV frequencies in one of the scanlists I have the police in. It's basically just a mixed list of talkgroups that happens to have 2-3 plain old frequencies mixed in the list. The scanlist (bank) hits a few police talkgroups and then listens to the IFR, but they're separately set up. I also have it set so that it's only about a second to run through any given TSYS, whether Fire, EHS or Police, so unless they're extremely short, I shouldn't miss too many transmissions. So far I haven't noticed any issues, but anyone in the know can correct my limited understanding of this complex stuff.

Last edited:

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the GRE's so I can only guess, but I think I remember them being similar to the RS scanners, which allow a mix of Motorola/Trunk and normal Analog channels, so you should be ok.

I usually try to scan until I know they are there, then I either put the scanner on hold on the primary, or break the squelch, so it stays on the channel..I seem to hear most of what they say when I do that, otherwise it can be hit or miss, theyre chatter is usually quiet, but depending on the weather like last night, they can be chatting a bit, plus some just chat more..

I kinda cheat tho, I have a scanner just for air/milair :)

fyi, I heard Ethel70 checking in with Moncton a while back while I was writing this, I would guess they are going to do something soon if you have your ears on.

darrylcn

I also have a scanner that I could use for mil air, it just doesn't get the frequencies that the air to air talk is on. Which frequency do they check into Moncton on? 123.9 or does it vary? I keep my old scanner on the fire pager channels and my new one on police/pri-sec IFR, but I could lock out all the ~120.000 stuff except that and keep it on. I have a pretty good external antenna hooked up to it so it would be a big help. I have about 25 channels in 3 banks in it now for aviation but it's too chatty to leave on all the time.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
It depends on where they are for what channel they check in on, I think it was 123.9 tho when I heard them.

You might want to look into Butel software, depending on the old scanner you have, it may be able to be "rebanded" or whatever the term is..I was able to add the 220-400MHz area on mine, its a Pro 96..might be something you want to look into..

darrylcn

It's a Uniden SC-180, doesn't have the ability to connect to a PC unfortunately.. PSR-500 seems like it might be a bit too sensitive for the external antenna, although I haven't tried it with it since I really figured out how it works. Gotta think that, as long as it didn't get overloaded (I'm testing it now and it seems fine) it'd get waaaay better reach than it does now with the rubber duck on it indoors.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Nice one Ed :)

Did you guys hear them last night? I heard something about an emergency diconnect, and decent, but didnt hear anything out of the ordinary after that, they checked in with Moncton and went on thier way by the sound of it, was kinda weird..

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Nice one Ed :)

Did you guys hear them last night? I heard something about an emergency diconnect, and decent, but didnt hear anything out of the ordinary after that, they checked in with Moncton and went on thier way by the sound of it, was kinda weird..

No, I didn't log any last night. I was too tired and didn't have the radios on too long. Don't be alarmed about hearing "emergency disconnect", they do that in just about every training flight as far as I know and it is heard all the time. They do practice emergency separations as part of their training in case there is a problem, they need to know how to disconnect and get away from each other fast!

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Refueling F-22

Guys,

I don't think I brought this up before but I've had the luck of being on two refueling flights in my life to help out a photographer friend of mine. I had posted my last flight about three years ago on youtube. We were at the Quonset, Rhode Island airshow and we flew up into AR-608 to meet the demo F-22 coming up from Langley AFB in VA to the show. We met him, topped off his fuel and then he went on to the airshow to do his demo. When he was done with the demo, he came back up to us and refueled again. We were able to get photos and video off the wings and out the back of the NJ KC-135 from McGuire callsign ROCCO.

Just thought I would share this with you guys as most of my friends have seen it. Now I would like to share it with my "new" friends here in this forum.

YouTube - Refueling F-22 Raptor for Quonset Airshow 2007

ENJOY!

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
That was awsome Ed :D and god Raptors are sexy lookin, makes me want to join the AF :)

Good to know about the training too, I was thinking it might be something like that, cause they were chatting more then normal for a few mins before that, I wasnt close, just heard lots of chit chat from across the room, it was Snoop55 if I heard correct, or Snoop255, and Ethel9x, any guess on what Snoop is?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.