Middlesex County new radio system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

911guy

elk2370bruce

Not a new system at all. System was improved with the capability of inter-op linking modules with other systems in the area (trunked, VHF repeat, UHF repeat.) Still the EDACS (rebanded) system it always was.

Tac-1

Well woodbridge just installed a new system so they wont be joining and cateret perth amboy south amboy are superposed to be joining woodbridge p25 system

elk2370bruce

What's to join? No new radios, No new frequencies, No new TG's. There are a variety of trunked and traditional systems in the County. Woodbridge is just the newest and still not fully operational. Inter-op modules in county consoles create inter-system bridges - nothing more. Until needed, or desired, Woodbridge (or anyone else) stays on their own turf.

GM

Premium Subscriber
I did notice today that the County Hotline is simulcasted on TG 02-022. Yesterday, I heard what may be Haz-Mat (not sure) on 14-030, so keep the search mode for new TG's up and running. I may have heard that Med-Central may be getting (or already have received) a patch/new TG on the system, but my info is not 100% solid on that one.

GM

Premium Subscriber
County EDACS NJ-Middlesex

As Tac-1 stated, Talkgroup 14-030 is South Plainfield Fire Dept., known as "Tac 5" (separate and independent of the UHF channel). I just verified it during a working call previously. Much better sound coverage on the TRS than on the UHF-T channel (500.8625) and I'm monitoring from Edison. I also thought I heard VMARS on TG 12-073 possibly the other day as a "patched channel" from the VHF, as Bruce stated earlier.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
what I heard was piscataway over counties system heard yesterday going to new market ave and today coming to edison

robbinsj2

what I heard was piscataway over counties system heard yesterday going to new market ave and today coming to edison

What talkgroup was this? GM and I separately and simultaneously identified 12-053 as a patch to the UHF Fire Mutual Aid channel, during Edison's fire last night.

It looks like South Plainfield PD and FD are preparing to switch to the county's trunked system, and unfortunately so far it's looking like most of their talkgroups are digital. There is a patch from 14-030 to 500.8625 which they have been turning on and off as desired; SPFD has had some radios directly on 14-030 as well as some other TGIDs in that numeric vicinity.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.