Middlesex County TRS adding sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I heard that Middlesex was adding two additional sites to their system possibly in the Edison south Plainfield area to improve coverage being that south Plainfield did not fully transition due to issues in that area. Any truth to this that anyone has heard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM

Premium Subscriber
One of the sites that is being looked into is at Station 4 on New Dover Rd., where an existing 160 ft. tower exists to serve the Edison TRS currently. However, this has been going on for the past 5 years, so I'm not sure if the County is looking back into it or not (they should as it would greatly improve coverage for Edison/South Plainfield/Colonia areas.) Another location that was being considered in the past was the American Tower Co. location on Oak Tree Rd. by the High Voltage power lines.

mdsxfire

EDBM
One of the sites that is being looked into is at Station 4 on New Dover Rd., where an existing 160 ft. tower exists to serve the Edison TRS currently. However, this has been going on for the past 5 years, so I'm not sure if the County is looking back into it or not (they should as it would greatly improve coverage for Edison/South Plainfield/Colonia areas.) Another location that was being considered in the past was the American Tower Co. location on Oak Tree Rd. by the High Voltage power lines.

Thanks, that’s just about where they would need them to get better coverage in those spots. Looking at the existing tower locations there is def a gap.

mdsxfire

EDBM
still wont reach in union :(

Where in union, I pick the system up on my G5 inside the jersey gardens mall, inside my friends house in scotch plains, all the way down to route 31 in Flemington and if I’m outside the Cracker Barrel in Clinton. The only way u might have and issue is once u cross the top of the mountain and go back the other side (new providence) but I still go in and out of service.

GM

Premium Subscriber
In Lovescanner's situation, he is using a BCD325P2 scanner with an 800 MHz extended gain antenna, along with a Radio Shack all band magnetic mount antenna on the 4th floor of an apartment building. The G5 Unication is a professional grade receiver and not subject to the LSM issues. Also, the Unication receives at a much greater distance due to it being professional grade. Where Lovescanner is located is also an area subject to multiple cell towers, along with being on the East side of his building, so that's most likely the issue. I am working with him experimenting with different antennas and receivers as they become available for testing out.

mdsxfire

EDBM
In Lovescanner's situation, he is using a BCD325P2 scanner with an 800 MHz extended gain antenna, along with a Radio Shack all band magnetic mount antenna on the 4th floor of an apartment building. The G5 Unication is a professional grade receiver and not subject to the LSM issues. Also, the Unication receives at a much greater distance due to it being professional grade. Where Lovescanner is located is also an area subject to multiple cell towers, along with being on the East side of his building, so that's most likely the issue. I am working with him experimenting with different antennas and receivers as they become available for testing out.

Ok, then that makes a lot more sense as to why he is having an issue. I actually bought a 325p2 when we first switched to the msex TRS and returned it within a few days due to it never being able to hold the control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.