Middleton Police Radio Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjl13

QRT
Hey RR,

I am wondering if anyone knows the information for the Middleton Police Tac(local simplex channel they use) frequency and the ctcss information. I am aware some departments will use either the transmit or the receive frequency, but if anyone is certain about it. Let me know, thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Kyle

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
Most departments will use "direct mode" where they press a button on the radio and not use the repeater, i.e. transmit and receive on the same frequency in simplex mode. This is lower power, and dispatch typically cannot monitor it. Due to the overuse of the UHF 470/480 Bands, it is difficult for departments to allocate additional frequencies for tactical usage. Some departments may use the BAPERN tactical channels, but would need pre-approval from the GBPC.

kjl13

QRT
Most departments will use "direct mode" where they press a button on the radio and not use the repeater, i.e. transmit and receive on the same frequency in simplex mode. This is lower power, and dispatch typically cannot monitor it. Due to the overuse of the UHF 470/480 Bands, it is difficult for departments to allocate additional frequencies for tactical usage. Some departments may use the BAPERN tactical channels, but would need pre-approval from the GBPC.

I am fully aware. Thanks though!

I just did not know if someone had the exact way middleton does it.

I can do some trial and error, but they only use it on events and I would need to bring a sdr or a scanner. When typically I just use a Motorola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.