Midwest City Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralleman

Premium Subscriber
I am using a BC785D in MWC, OK. I have reprogramed all the freqs and talk ID's.
I AM NOT using the "control Channel" option. Traffic seems to be VERY limited, If I do a ID SEARCH I can get tons of traffic but very little from the MWC area. I DID NOT program in the last frequency(881.****)
Is there a 17th channel? and if so does anyone know the frequency?
" woodyrr " I see you are local, maybe a little intervention please??

RLVAlleman

woodyrr

Hi ralleman

As you have probably read in another thread, OKWIN Site 8 has been partially rebanded.

I'll spare you the technical details, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, however, the BC785D is not listed as capable of being updated to be able to correctly follow the control channel of a rebanded system. Since the control channel is currently one of the non rebanded frequencies, you are able to hear only traffic that is assigned to a few of the new frequencies which is why your traffic is significantly down.

Here is a list of scanners that are compatible with the new configuration:

Category:Rebanding Supported Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm sure you have read our discussion here.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ok...rum/253452-okwin-site-8-rebanding-issues.html

I am sorry that I cannot be of more assistance.

Last edited:

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
I am using a BC785D in MWC, OK. I have reprogramed all the freqs and talk ID's.
I AM NOT using the "control Channel" option. Traffic seems to be VERY limited, If I do a ID SEARCH I can get tons of traffic but very little from the MWC area. I DID NOT program in the last frequency(881.****)
Is there a 17th channel? and if so does anyone know the frequency?
" woodyrr " I see you are local, maybe a little intervention please??

RLVAlleman
That last frequency on site 8 might be a typo it could be 851.2375 instead of 881.2375 try 851.2375 an see how that works.

ralleman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply, my issue is the fact that the frequency spacing on the 785d will not allow for the fourth digit to the right being an even number. Again, thank you for the replys.

woodyrr

The big issue that has killed your radio is not the new frequencies, but a change in the control channel data that your radio no longer understands. Before rebanding, when the control channel said "All radios on MCPD 6A go to channel 1", your scanner "knew" that channel 1 was 867.000. After rebanding, channel 1 could be 854.000. Your scanner doesn't "know" that, gets confused, and you miss a lot of traffic. The only way around it is to either have a scanner that can be updated via firmware so it "knows" the new channel numbering plan or to buy a new scanner that is already capable of correctly tracking rebanded Motorola systems.

NOTE: The frequencies cited above are illustrative only and do not correspond to actual frequenceis that may be used. I only understand rebanding to the extent necessary to get my radios working again. This is why I try to stay out of the technical weeds when I post.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone have the actual frequencies for Midwest city fire department 7A etc. ? Also I'm looking for the actual frequency for Moore FD, & Del City FD

Brett Conner
COMT
Assistant director of communications
Multi-County Fire Corps
www.okfirecorps.org

woodyrr

Hi Brett,

I thought your name was familiar. You posted on my photo of the old MCFD squad 2 on the MWC history and Memories page.

I'm sure you know that all of those agencies are on the Oklahoma state DPS trunked radio system.

The frequencies for the Oklahoma City area trunking site and the talkgroups for each agency can be found here.

Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) Motorola Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

If you have been receiving traffic and are now experiencing problems, please see the rebanding thread here.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ok...rum/253452-okwin-site-8-rebanding-issues.html

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the actual frequencies for Midwest city fire department 7A etc. ? Also I'm looking for the actual frequency for Moore FD, & Del City FD

The Oklahoma EDACS system and the OKWIN cooperative system (DPS/Norman/Edmond/Shawnee/Tulsa are owners) are Trunked Radio Systems. As a result no agency has an "actual frequency" - frequencies are assigned to talkgroups from a pool on an as-needed basis.

OKWIN can be followed on any modern trunking scanner. The Oklahoma City EDACS system can also be followed by even older trunk-capable scanners. However, the PD and FD talkgroups use a proprietary digital voice modulation that cannot be processed by any commercial scanner. See the sticky in this group.

Note that it is possible to have dedicated repeaters or simplex frequencies in "subscriber units" (used to be called "radios"!). In fact, Oklahoma City PD and FD Units have the 5 "NPSAC" 800-MHz mutual aid channels in their radios allegedly for interoperability.

ralleman

Premium Subscriber
I guess the next question would be can anyone recommend the scanner that may be firmware updated in the future if need be? Should I wait it out for new models?
I guess ebay or craigslist will be seeing my bc-285d real soon, at least a selling feature is the disc. tap and "PVT squelch" decoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.