Migrating from BC436 to SDS100, can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
I am sure someone has already done it or provided reference on how to do it...so excuse the redundancy.

Waiting on the SDS100 to come in and already have a BC436 that has all the FL and other settings the way I like them

Is it "that" easy to just write the 436 profile to the SDS100? Or am I looking at a weekend of setting the SDS up from scratch even though Sentinel can talk to both radios?

Tried to google the question but didnt see any mention of it.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It is that easy. All you'd need to do in Sentinel is change the target model of the scanner from 436 to SDS100 and do a write to scanner and be fully functional.

You could, but don't have to, change the opening message and perhaps tweak the display settings, but that's all optional.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
It is no problem. Just save the info from your 436 and it will go into your SDS100 no problem. I did it.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the responses. Should have the radio by the end of the week. Will be nice to have the 426 and SDS set up the same for FL and QK.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
One thing I miss on Sentinel is the ability to print a report of what I have in the scanner. So many times I cant remember what FL or QK to use to turn on off stuff. Would like to print a cheat sheet. Fortunately I still have my Butel software that does print, I can do that while I wait for the battery to charge. Not sure if I a getting one with the new or old battery, guess I will find out by the end of the week, Spent most of last night just tweaking the profile and fav lists so I can just shove it into the SDS as soon as it comes in.

n6qgk

It is no problem. Just save the info from your 436 and it will go into your SDS100 no problem. I did it.

My colleague has a 436 and sent me a ZIPped image of his Micro SD card which I unZIPped and copied to the card that came with my SDS100. Plugged it in, connected to my PC, fired up Sentinel to make some tweaks and I was up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
One thing I did do was to create a new profile for the SDS so I could tweak that different than the 436. But when I look at the scanner.inf files they both say target model is BCDX36HP. I would think that Sentinel would have made the new profile target model as SDS100. Need to play around with that

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
One thing I did do was to create a new profile for the SDS so I could tweak that different than the 436. But when I look at the scanner.inf files they both say target model is BCDX36HP. I would think that Sentinel would have made the new profile target model as SDS100. Need to play around with that

The TargetModel will always show BCDX36HP regardless if you set the Target Model to SDS100. The ProductName in the profile.cfg file will change when you change the Target Model. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.