• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mil-Air help

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic2150

Database Admin
I have moved to a new 3rd floor apartment on a small hill and have a scantenna up and I am receiving well except for Mil-Air, I am getting creamed with noise that I suspect is coming from the large group of TV transmission towers located in line of sight about 10 or so miles to my south. I am using my BC396 which I know is not ideal but right now it is all I have, it gets a buzzing noise with what sounds like modulation every few kilohertz as I try to search the band. Anyone have any suggestions (economical, short of a new receiver) that might help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Mark Mc.

prcguy

You can sometimes find 225-400MHz band pass filters on Epay for cheap. Here are some common versions for VHF and UHF air bands that work really well. There is a more common 400MHz low pass filter available if your problem is from UHF TV. There is probably one of those on Epay right now.
prcguy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.