Milair Frequency Online Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I was wondering what the best source (online) for milair freqs for Wright-Patterson AFB and surrounding bases ( in OH-IN-KY that is current) might be, besides the info here at RR. I know there are a few, and I was wondering what milair monitors consider the best and most reliable? Thanks!

JD
kf4anc

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Well I am finding that most milair frequency lists that are posted online are severely outdated and obsolete. I guess there is no help here to be found. This particular forum section looks to be outdated and obsolete as weIl. I will search elsewhere.

JD
kf4anc

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
You can start by using websites like skyvector.com and/or airnav.com to get the frequencies of the airport operations (like tower and approach). Load up the Milair frequencies and scan them. Keep paper and pen handy. Quite often, you will hear the planes get 'handed off' to ATC and or other controllers with frequency information given. Jot those down and add to your scanner-after a while some may 'go dead' while traffic picks up on 'new ones'. Welcome to the hobby.

Never stop learning

N1XDS

ÆS Ø

I use MilRadioComms website very helpful owner of the website. Also try looking in to ADS-B airplane tracking. All you would need is a ADS-B antenna (DPD Productions well recommended), Dump1090 software (free to download), NooElec NESDR Mini USB RTL-SDR & ADS-B Receiver Set, RTL2832 from Amazon, Planeplotter (free to download and easy to setup also great support from the owner). Also you will need coax from the antenna to the dongle to receive ADS-B information from the airplanes above.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that the military changes things on a frequent basis, and does not publish these changes to any non-official recipients.

Sent using Tapatalk

I would partially challenge that. They do not really change frequency any more often than the FAA does. Yes they change but most stay for many years. And the DOD flight supplements were public until relatively recently (~2000). *Most* are not classified and the removal of that from public distribution had more to do with a copyright issue as much as anything else. Many (not all) USAF frequencies (TWR, APP/DEP, GND etc.) appear in public FAA documents. The problem with INTERNET is that anyone can put any list there and it will stay forever. Any aeronautical listener who does not start with the FAA Chart Supplements (which are books not maps) start with it is making a mistake. They are public, free download on INTERNET, and available in print for a reasonable rate at many (even small) airports.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Great place! Never knew it existed!

It's been around for awhile on and off. MilAirComms is where I feed the Military aircraft that I pick up via Dump1090, PlanePlotter and Virtual Radar Server (VRS).

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
It's been around for awhile on and off. MilAirComms is where I feed the Military aircraft that I pick up via Dump1090, PlanePlotter and Virtual Radar Server (VRS).

N4CYA, concerning Virtual Radar Service, what is the most productive way to use this, on the web or the UDnP option?

I would just like an icon to click on that shakes hands with the server and comes up as a full screen program in real time. Can you give me a quick rundown on which option you use, and how you use it? Or, if you have any better suggestions for any similar programs. Greatly appreciated, thanks!

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.