MilAir Testing with FTW Joint Reserve Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph03nix42

Here is the article from NBCDFW.com

Tomorrow's Jet Crash Likely a Simulation | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

We hope you don't see a crashed jet in North Texas Tuesday, but if you do, and if it's behind the Lowe's Home Improvement store near the NAS JRB, it's a training exercise.
That's the message officials at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base want to get out to the public in hopes of stemming a tidal wave of 911 calls Tuesday morning.
The training exercise will take place in a field behind the home improvement store and a movie theater near Loop 820 and state Highway 199 at about 8 a.m.
Those passing by may see the "downed" F/A-18 Hornet with crews simulating a rescue operation. In addition to not calling 911, officials are asking lookie-loos to not stop to watch the exercise.
The exercise is being conducted in preparation for the upcoming Blue Angels show at the AirPower Expo April 16-17 at NAS JRB and officials with the base said exercises between emergency responders are common -- even off base.
The exercise is designed to test the response of local police and fire departments from the base as well as from officials with the Navy, Lockheed Martin, Fort Worth and Lake Worth.

I'd imagine that the scanner feeds will be a bit busy around 8a CST.

dawntreader

Premium Subscriber
location (analog) report

NAS JRB trunk system is APCO 25 digital trunking system, Motorola Smartnet II. My Uniden 346XT does analog trunking, but does not handle the digital voice decoding like the 396XT does. I tuned it in anyway this morning, and heard a lot of "rat-a-tat-tat-phssss-rat-a-tat-tat" digital mode traffic, which was a good introduction to what un-decoded digital voice of the Motorola trunk system variety sounds like. Could not see the staging area from the Loop, but did hear a lot of traffic around the 8-8:30 timeframe. Did see tags from many of the alloted JRB talk group ID's, however. Was listening to local analog traffic (trunking) also, but didn't hear anything associated with the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.