• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mile Post Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSP and the plows have been a little busy up here and they keep referring to "mile post xx" so I have no idea where they are.

Is there a download available somewhere for I-35, 53 etc?

Thanks

You can use google maps. Exit numbers correspond to mile markers. If you zoom in enough it will show you exit numbers. Mile markers start at the south and west borders and go up south-north and west-east. Keeping that in mind you can figure out a location using that.

Thanks for the wiki links, never would have thought they'd have that.

Following one of the wiki reference links I was redirected here:

Roadway Data Products - TDA, MnDOT

If you go down to log points-reference points and select District 1 (Wyoming north
to I-Falls) it shows a map of the mile posts... very cool. You have to really
blow it up to read it on a 32" TV so probably wouldn't be good on a phone.

Mile markers start at the south and west borders and go up south-north and west-east. Keeping that in mind you can figure out a location using that.
I had no idea how that worked.

Thanks guys

When winter rolls around the best website to me is the 511mn.org site.

511mn.org/#roadReports?timeFrame=TODAY&layers=allReports%2CroadReports%2CwinterDriving%2CvoxReports%2CweatherWarnings%2Cflooding%2CotherStates

Accidents are posted, color-coded road conditions, highway cameras can be located, any and all road related information posted in a Google Map style interface. You can literally watch as a snowstorm crosses the state.

I live in south-central MN using a 996xt in "ID search" mode, easily hearing MNDoT traffic issues from Laverne/ Worthington/ Windom area.

Status
Not open for further replies.