military mobile comm gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to locate a good source of information for identifying the types of military communications gear that would have been installed into a radio relay vehicle.

An associate has purchased one of these vehicles, and they would like to outfit it as similarly as possible to what it would have had, when being utilized.

My military communications experience was in the USN, so I did not deal with much "green gear."

Can anyone point me towards any reliable websites, mailing lists, books, etc. ?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am trying to locate a good source of information for identifying the types of military communications gear that would have been installed into a radio relay vehicle.

An associate has purchased one of these vehicles, and they would like to outfit it as similarly as possible to what it would have had, when being utilized.

My military communications experience was in the USN, so I did not deal with much "green gear."

Can anyone point me towards any reliable websites, mailing lists, books, etc. ?

Check fairradiosales.com for your project. :wink:
They have tons of mil-surplus new & used stuff.

n9zas

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I don't know, exactly, what year. But the vehicle is one of the Chevy Blazer (K20?) adaptations. (I'm a Jeep guy, but follow a bit of the general off-road scene, so I'm not sure if the K20 was the basis for the Mwhatever.)

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I discovered that it is much easier to find answers to your post, when you remember to click the "subscribe" button... :)

jhooten

If it was the 80s Blazer it would be a M1009.
The single radio version would be the AN/VRC-46. If it was a Re-Trans rig it would have been the AN/VRC-49. BUT, the 49 was normally mounted in the pick-up M1008A1 because the re-trans crew had to carry more equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.