Status
Not open for further replies.

fwfdengine2

Hi,

I'm having some trouble understanding the Mille Lacs County frequency page.. There are three PL tones for the County Fire Dept. frequency, why?

Also, there is the frequency with the three PL tones (154.415).. Then there is another frequency (154.070) labeled as "Fire Paging"... What happens on both frequencies?

Thanks for any reply,
fwfdengine2

sfd119

The three PL tones could be different repeaters around the county. Some counties to do this to have units on a "North" tower or "South" tower. The paging freq could be a county wide paging only frequency.

Not living in the county or near it, this is all my speculation. Program 'em all in your scanner and see what happens.

sfd119

Yep. One might be another tower too. They might have added it after poor quality or something and never bothered to change radios. Who knows!

JASII

Memory Capacity
I haven't monitored up there since last fall. At that time the sheriff's radio was simulcast on several repeaters. They were on different frequencies around the county and "hot linked", so to speak. The fire repeaters were not linked together. They have the same input and output frequencies, but each has a different PL on the input. When you think about it, it makes sense because law enforcement has a need to hear whatever is going on around the county. Fire service does not routinely want or need to hear fire communications simulcast on every repeater in the county. Again, if you think about how the services operate, it might make more sense. Some law enforcement folks are people working that could be on the southern end of the county and have to respond to the northern end of the county in short order. Fire service gets toned out, takes care of business, and then returns to their non-fire service life. There are only a relatively small number of Minnesota fire departments that are career fire departments.

fwfdengine2

True.. Very true.. I always like to monitor other fire depts. in the county though.. This way, I can be at the station when the tones drop for a 2nd or 3rd due worker!

Thanks for your help!
fwfdengine2

mmtstc

Ø
It has been awhile since i worked up there, but i think that that extra frequency is not used... i remember that they had Fire North (Onamia Area), Fire Central (Milaca Area) and Fire South (Princeton Area), each on one of those 3 variations of CTCSS. i think they are simulcast also, but that could very easily be wrong...

fwfdengine2

Would you happen to know whitch Pl Tones goes with witch repeater?

fwfdengine2

It has been awhile since i worked up there, but i think that that extra frequency is not used... i remember that they had Fire North (Onamia Area), Fire Central (Milaca Area) and Fire South (Princeton Area), each on one of those 3 variations of CTCSS. i think they are simulcast also, but that could very easily be wrong...

mmtstc

Ø
i cant remember... only one i could find in when i was digging through an old hard drive was 146.2 which is either South or central... my guess is central, but i cant remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.