• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Million Dollar Heroin Traffic Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"According to investigators, 7 kilograms of a substance believed to be heroin was found in the drive shaft."

Now that's what you call putting a spin on it.

"Carrillo told police he had come from Mexico and was delivering the drugs to Columbus, Ohio, police said."

Uh huh, doncha just love a Mexican?

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Yet another bright criminal.

"Officers said Carrillo was speeding and talgating other motorists."

Great idea....I think I'll go haul around a million bucks worth of drugs and drive like a moron so I attract attention from the police.

mikepdx

Officers said Carrillo was speeding and tailgating other motorists..
Congrats to IPD for the bust.

The way the perp was driving would have made him stealthy around my parts.

Last edited:

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
mikepdx said:
Congrats to IPD for the bust.

The way the perp was driving would have made him stealthy around my parts.

Oh yea mon he'd fit right in here especially on 17 through the beach areas.......just imagine what they aren't getting , not to be negative that's a great "catch",but I would find it hard to imagine there isn't 5 - 6 more cars the same. Kinda like the catching one boatload in the 80's when "weed" was being smuggled on the coast at unreal rates - they got one but 20 more came down the waterway untouched !!!!!

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Who does all these drugs? With all the huge drug bust you hear about, you'd think every person in the U.S. was stoned 24/7!

At this time in my life I am not aware of any of my family, friends, neighbors, or acquaintances that do drugs of any kind. Are we the exception to the norm?

hoser147

GreatLakes said:
Who does all these drugs? With all the huge drug bust you hear about, you'd think every person in the U.S. was stoned 24/7!

At this time in my life I am not aware of any of my family, friends, neighbors, or acquaintances that do drugs of any kind. Are we the exception to the norm?
They are out there, not only a big city deal, or small town for that matter, Many of the labs have moved to the country side to better hide. Like Scanda said they got one how many made it thru. Imho that is where a big part of the crime rate comes from.

vsny

GreatLakes said:

Nope Lakes, we are the ones who have survived the 60's & 70's , the "heavy users" from my generation D.O.A. now

Status
Not open for further replies.