Milton/Halton Hills Fire Paging/Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

simcoescan

It seems like im not getting any pages on 154.1600 for Milton and Halton Hills fire any more. Anyone know what they are doing??

Also I know halton region is switching to a Project 25 radio system in 2012. Anyone have any news on that?

Thanks

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

ONT009 said:
It seems like im not getting any pages on 154.1600 for Milton and Halton Hills fire any more. Anyone know what they are doing??

Also I know halton region is switching to a Project 25 radio system in 2012. Anyone have any news on that?

Thanks

Yes. Halton is ready to switch to a new P25 system. They are aiming to have it going in the first part of next year. The aim is to have encryption for some if not eventually all the police comms. The deputy chief did say he understands the publics desire to listen and they may set up something for the public to listen to. The bottom line that the deputy chief said was officer safety. They do not want us listening to their comms and that's that. I suggest anyone who is interested is to speak your police force or city councillor.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

fdtech said:
So only PD will be encrypted, meaning FD will not be?

I can't say anything for sure. The police want to be encrypted and nowhere did I say anything about any of the other services

pokey

Thanks

I'm picking up pages today on that frequency. Even when they upgrade will this freq still not be in use for dispatches?

simcoescan

I'm picking up pages today on that frequency. Even when they upgrade will this freq still not be in use for dispatches?

Im not sure, originally it was my fault I wasnt picking up the pages however I am now. I havent heard any talk if they are going to keep or change this paging frequency when they upgrade in the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.