Milwaukee County OASIS Digital Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkescan

North Shore Fire & West Allis Fire are all Digital now, Analog patch is down.
North Shore Police Radios are 99.9% Digital.

scannermaster12

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Any idea when waukesha county will all go online other than parks and dpw etc.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Good reading material

Hey folks,

I found some really good reading at OASIS. Take a look at the LE and FD training links there..

The most interesting is detailed talkgroup zone mappings and OpenSky ISSI info.

Based on what I’m reading, the 10 main City of Milwaukee FD channels will be patched full time to OASIS once the ISSI is in place. It appears that City of Milwaukee PD hasn’t been decided on yet. MPD is not in the LE talkgroup matrix and there is a note that County OEM and MPD are in talks to either patch when necessary or full time patch with or without encryption.

I’m very excited for MFD patching. Maybe just maybe we’ll get the main MPD district dispatch channels in the clear too.

Handyxena

Premium Subscriber
Ok I just programmed my 996xt, I put it in as a single freq, it's scanning and stopping on talk groups, but no sound, what am I miss8ng

ka9rxk

I've got a stupid question - I monitor the Oak Creek police and would like to know what the ten code "10-3" means? According to APCO, "10-3" means "Stop Transmitting".

Both the officers and dispatchers use it in their daily communications as some type of acknowledgement. I haven't been able to figure it out in the context of their messages.

mkescan

I've got a stupid question - I monitor the Oak Creek police and would like to know what the ten code "10-3" means? According to APCO, "10-3" means "Stop Transmitting".

Both the officers and dispatchers use it in their daily communications as some type of acknowledgement. I haven't been able to figure it out in the context of their messages.

In Milwaukee County, it was always "Affirmative"

sdp40f500

Last edited:

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
The County web site was changed two weeks ago to its new whiz-bang appearance (something those of us at the County are still struggling with!).

New URL for Emergency Management is: https://county.milwaukee.gov/EN/Office-of-Emergency-Management

Thanks for the new link. The site looks good, but I bet it does take some getting used to for you guys.

I was reading the most recent meeting minutes at https://county.milwaukee.gov/files/county/emergency-management/Admin/OASISMinutes04.24.2018.pdf. It looks like MFD is "chomping at the bit" to get the ISSI in place, but MPD is going down the path of encryption on the main district talkgroups. Exciting about MFD at least.

Josh

KD4YGG

Database Admin
2018 Annual Report for OASIS has been posted at the OEM website.

https://county.milwaukee.gov/EN/Office-of-Emergency-Management

Highlights include a current summary of which departments have transitioned to OASIS, which departments are mirrored between OASIS and the legacy Motorola system, and which departments have yet to begin the transition. Also a very thorough after-action review of the June 2017 Failsoft events.

Enjoy!!!

ocnetgeek

Need New Scanner?

So I have not been using my Scanner that much for a couple months and when I went to listen the other day I was not hearing much and then came here to find that Most of Milwaukee County has moved to a new Radio System and it appears that my Radio Shack Pro 164 is no longer able to pick up this traffic. Can someone recommend a good replacement Scanner?

andrer9999

All the emergency services moved to OpenSky, but not all of the county. There’s no scanner that’ll get you Milwaukee fire or police.

ocnetgeek

Need New Scanner?

Not looking for Opensky. Just the Milwaukee/Waukesha Oasis Traffic. Does not appear to be a p25 option for my Pro 164

ocnetgeek

Need New Scanner?

Just looking for Traffic in SE Milwaukee County. Franklin/Oak Creek/South Milwaukee Police and FD

andrer9999

Just looking for Traffic in SE Milwaukee County. Franklin/Oak Creek/South Milwaukee Police and FD

So with my BCD436HP, when I just did a "hold" on OASIS, there were just too many talkgroups to scan through, and I was consistently missing half the transmission. This morning I built a favorites list with just the simulcast frequencies, all of Franklin, all of Oak Creek/St.Francis, and South Milwaukee PD/FD, and it's working much better. I'll occasionally miss a second of the start of a transmission, but I'm hearing the vast majority of the transmissions, and it sounds pretty clear.

There are probably cheaper scanners for you to listen to P25, but I can confirm that the BCDx36HP work well for what you want to do.

mkescan

Only Milwaukee is on OpenSky.
Franklin PD, West Allis PD & Sheriff are still on Analog System.They all have a patch on OASIS too. For Fire everyone but Airport Fire are on OASIS, Airport will pop up on OASIS when somebody is using Digital Radio. Greenfield Fire & Police will be moving to OASIS sometime this year.. You might have to play around with scanner antenna or move scanner around, up, down to the left or right. Less then a foot can make a big difference.

CrabbyMilton

Is the IFERN patch from IL. and surrounding areas on OASIS yet? Since I got my 436, I haven't been listing to the MCTRS analog system since every agency is leaving anyway.
So when are Waukesha FD's and PD's going to start coming over?

Div106

Premium Subscriber
The IFERN patch on OASIS is not live yet. The latest talk for Waukesha County FD/PD users to move to OASIS is 4th quarter. Some FD's still have not turned in the necessary paperwork for talkgroup permission and final radio templates.

CrabbyMilton

Just a quick question about my 436HP. For example, if I enable priority for Wauwatosa Fire but programed a Waukesha Talk group in the same system, could I hold one of the Waukesha groups and still have Tosa come up? After all, they are part of the same system so I'm just wondering and still learning of the wonderful features of this new gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.