Milwaukee County OASIS Digital Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
EMS/more routine calls get assigned a higher Talkgroup #. Fire/more significant calls are assigned a lower Talkgroup #. I read in MCOEM talkgroup documentation that Profile 13 is for "high-rise incidents". I'm not sure what Profile 1-Profile 4 are intended for. Anyone else know? Profile 1 seems to be the most used. For most Profiles, only Talkgroup 2 is patched.

My understanding of the Milwaukee Fire Department (and for that matter Police Department) channels is that they are as shown on this website: Wisconsin Scanning Homepage - Trunktracking City of Milwaukee Trunked Radio System Page.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
My understanding of the Milwaukee Fire Department (and for that matter Police Department) channels is that they are as shown on this website: Wisconsin Scanning Homepage - Trunktracking City of Milwaukee Trunked Radio System Page.

Looking at the link provided (of the Radio layout), I can't seem to make heads or tails of what Talkgroups are listed on RR with this layout. Some of them make sense...

Is M.F.D.'s OpenSky system still active, or will it be going away ( :) ) with the OASIS system? It seems it may be, based on monitoring so far.

doublem

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the link provided (of the Radio layout), I can't seem to make heads or tails of what Talkgroups are listed on RR with this layout. Some of them make sense...

Is M.F.D.'s OpenSky system still active, or will it be going away ( :) ) with the OASIS system? It seems it may be, based on monitoring so far.

Mil Co. Office of Emergency Management, operators of OASIS reached an agreement with the City of Milwaukee to patch MFD/Open Sky full-time on OASIS. An MPD deal is in the works. There are talk of patching respective district dispatch. However, the MPD patch might be encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Mil Co. Office of Emergency Management, operators of OASIS reached an agreement with the City of Milwaukee to patch MFD/Open Sky full-time on OASIS. An MPD deal is in the works. There are talk of patching respective district dispatch. However, the MPD patch might be encrypted.

Are all of MFD's Talkgroups patched with OASIS, or just commonly used ones?

I see the list on OASIS for Milwaukee -- Just curious is they'll be anymore. Sure is an interesting Talkgroup naming system they have!

doublem

Premium Subscriber
Are all of MFD's Talkgroups patched with OASIS, or just commonly used ones?

It appears to be commonly used channels such a dispatch. I have yet to hear anything on any other channel. It’s early. We’ve waited nearly a decade to get this far. I’m excited to see and hear what’s next.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
It appears to be commonly used channels such a dispatch. I have yet to hear anything on any other channel. It’s early. We’ve waited nearly a decade to get this far. I’m excited to see and hear what’s next.

Oh gosh, for sure. It just gives me more reason to come back (sooner)!

CrabbyMilton

Yes, happy days are here again. To think I was hesitant to buy a 436HP given how many people were complaining about how complicated it is.
I too am only hearing the main dispatch. I think they only talk on the secondary channels at an actual fire not MED calls. But then again, we have to remember that digital can be very temperamental and on top of that, you have OPEN SKY being patched into OASIS another digital system. Seems to work pretty well most of the time.

BrewCrew81

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks,

I found some really good reading at OASIS. Take a look at the LE and FD training links there..

That link is now invalid. If you have a new one that would be fantastic. I am interested in reading more about OASIS.

As far as frequencies go, I just reprogrammed my BCD396XT for OASIS and using only the primary and alternate ctl channels listed, was hearing maybe a fraction of a transmission not often (only every 5-20 minutes or so). I noticed that when looking at the P25 threshold display, it would display "Searching for or Finding Control Channel" Now, I am not very advanced when it comes to knowledge on this stuff, so I could be missing something and it would be great if that would kindly be pointed out. BUT, I added all of the other frequencies for MKEl, and now I am getting a steady (albeit seemingly weak) stream of traffic much more frequently. The longest time between me picking up a transmission is probably less than 5 minutes in the morning (before 10am). For additional information, I am located near the shorewood/milwaukee border. I am also near a large antenna on the UWM dorms. Could that be interfering with the signal?

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Waukesha Side

Does anyone know when Waukesha's side is set to go live?

Div106

Premium Subscriber
As of last week, the plan is to start the transition process for fire and police on October 30th for the Waukesha Side.

djeplett

CrabbyMilton

Some channels and/or TG's should be encrypted for sensitive situations.
PD's use cell phones all the time and have for many years plus, analog systems have encryption provisions as well so this is nothing new.

mkescan

Yep, down all night. They did a few radio test on Primary & a Fireground Talkgroup about 10:30 am today. I put County EMS Com on the MFD Feed, just so I know there isn't problem with the feed.

kodachrome

Premium Subscriber
Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2 with all updates applied.

Having a hard time hearing this system. I hear traffic rarely, and when I do it tends to have digital dropouts and breakup.

Oddly enough, my BC-996XT performs much better on this system than the Whistlers - the one and only case where that is true anywhere I have travelled.

I'm in the Greenfield area and currently using indoor antennas.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.