Milwaukee County TRS and UWM PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul-W

I am curious to know if anyone here has heard anything about the UWM Police Dept moving over to the Milwaukee County TRS ? I do recall reading about this possibly happening sometime this year. Has there been any updates on this or is UWM waiting to get the funding to make this happen?

mkescan

Last I heard they were waiting until radios worked better in all buildings, plus they were testing Motorola & Kenwood radios to see which is best. Once in a while somebody will pop up on their 38832 talkgroup.

Milwaukee Country TRS and UWMPD

UWMPD still wants to be on the Milwaukee Co TRS. Because of reception in the building(s) issues it was decided the best way to do it was to move the transmitter from the Ch 58 tower to the tower on Sandburg Halls North tower on Maryland Av. The county had agreed to do it because it would also improve service at the lakefront. However they are now dragging their feet due to funding problems. The latest I've heard is that the state also wants to use Sandburg for a WISCOM site and that the state might pay to have the Milwaukee Co equipment moved as well. Its an ongoing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.