• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

minitor v difficult problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvillefd73

ok so ive been looking around recently online to find a solution for the problem but cant find the problem im having and the fix to it. so the m5 i bought off a friend will alert on the closed alert channel and opens for x amount of seconds. seems to be when there is a break in dispatch it closes. while the m5 is on open channel it will not pick up any radio traffic on the freq, but if the squawk is held down i can hear the radio traffic and at the end of transmission it does the normal static. my m5 was reprogrammed and codeplug cloned off another m5 from my dept, and the m5 it was cloned from works perfect. im wondering if its something wrong physically with mine, or if its a program fault. any help would be greatly appreciated.

also when i bought it i knew of the problem but i got a good deal on it. the guy i bought it off of bought it off ebay, yet when he first got it, it worked perfectly. he stated he did open the case and look around in it. is there a chance some connection got broken or disconnected.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
i know you said it was cloned but it sounds like a program problem. There are options in the PPS that can make your pager function the way you are describing it.

scannersnstuff

i do know that the problem with it closing after the dispatcher unkey's requires you to have the open squelch time extended. take my advice, go with the 10 or 15 seconds. the 30 second option is like an eternity.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
it will also do this if the RX sensitivity is poor. do you know anyone with a service monitor that could check it for you?

cvillefd73

ok so revert was changed to manual. and squelch has been changed to 1. still the problem occurs. yet after tones it stays open with static as it should till squelch is pressed to close the channel. but now it doesnt store voice as it had previously. any other ideas besides sending it off would be much appreciated.

also the m5 is a 2 channel capable minitor. A is clsoed alert. B is open channel with our towns tone alert. C is another departments freq with no alert. D is priority scan of B and C, and B is priority channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.