• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor V on/off duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have looked at the other posts I could find on a search, but still have not gotten a clear answer on programming on duty versus off duty settings.

My department is in the process of setting up tones for just the in-station personnel and an all-call tone. These tones are new sets, but we still want the current tones to trigger the pagers, along with the county-wide weather alert tones. All of these tone sets will be on the same dispatch frequency.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about how the off duty settings work, with conflicting answers from various posters. While I am setting up my pager to be a little different than what others carry, if I get mine how I want, then I can make certain the rest are correct. (My pager configuration will be very close to the standard, so the understanding will be sufficient.)

I want my pager to alert on all four tone sets in A and B, but not alert on the station tones while in C and D, thusly:
A should tone alert on all four sets.
B should vibrate alert on all four sets.
C should vibrate alert on all but station tones.
D should tone alert on all but station tones.

That being the case, I have this setup on the function switch:
SW-A: Selective Call F1, Tone
SW-B: Selective Call F1, Vibrator
SW-C: Selective Call F1, Vibrator, on/off duty enabled
SW-D: Selective Call F1, Tone, on/off duty enabled

The F1 setup:
Call 1: oldtoneA oldtoneB, standard alert, on duty
Call 2: allcallA allcallB, continous alert, on duty
Call 3: stationcallA stationcallB, standard alert, off duty
Call 4: wxA wxB, music 6, on duty

Will this setup get my desired alerting? If not, what needs to be changed?

DPapay

Minitor 5 Pager programming software
ON/OFF Duty Function

In the Function Switches Tab,
When Enable On/Off Duty is "un-checked", All of the tone pairs will work, regardless of the setting on each tone pair, on or off.
When Enable On/Off Duty is "checked", Only the tone pairs set to "on" will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.