• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
  • Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Minitor V programming glitch 1251.4 Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

clifford1

Any help with this issue is appreciated!

Using the Minitor V PPS software and cradle, I went into several fire pagers to add the following tone pair:

Tone 1: 879.0
Tone 2: 832.5

I read each pager, added the new tones, then wrote the codeplug back to the pager each time.

A test of the new tones resulted in a correct activation of the pagers.

However, after the programming, several of the users complained that they were getting activations for other agencies. The fire police tones were not working, however the pagers were now activating for the local ambulance squad.

Upon review of the programming, I discovered the following:

A tone pair for the fire police that was previously in the pager was "changed" when the codeplug was read and written back:

Tone 1: 569.1
Tone 2: 1251.4

Tone 2 (1251.4) "changed" to 1285.8 without my doing! In fact, when I attempted to change it back to the correct tone, the software changes the tone back each time I hit enter Even more troubling, the tone that I need is the only one that appears to have been omitted from the full tone list!!!!

So, the software "changed" the tones from fire police to ambulance, and won't let me change them back!!!

Tone 1251.5 Hz appears to have been "eliminated" from the list of tones!

The worst part is, I was doing this for a neighboring fire company as a favor to save them some $$$. Now their fire police aren't getting alerted for calls (and it happened during the hurricane!!!) Can't get any worse!!!!

It is a motorola tone system.

Help!!

Chris C.

gary123

Im not 100% on the programming but I have seen similar issues on other pagers. what i suspect is happening is that the cps is selceting the closest 'legit' code to the tone you are entering. see if there is a list of the valid cap codes for that unit, also check the capcode group you may have the wrong group selected.

if this dosnt help ask back and i will see what i can find out for you.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Im not 100% on the programming but I have seen similar issues on other pagers. what i suspect is happening is that the cps is selceting the closest 'legit' code to the tone you are entering. see if there is a list of the valid cap codes for that unit, also check the capcode group you may have the wrong group selected.

if this dosnt help ask back and i will see what i can find out for you.
1251.4 is a legit tone from Motorola Reed Group 6.

I would suggest clearing all tones, write the pager, remove it from the cradle, turn it off for at least 30 seconds, and then turn it on again in programming mode, put it back in the cradle, and try to write the proper tones to it. That may take care of the problem.

Just a question, on the General tab, is the tone system set to Motorola?

On the Channel F1 tab, what coding option is selected? And how many different tone codes are you trying to assign to the frequency?

clifford1

Thanks for the replies guys.

The system is set to "Motorola". The code "used to be" listed under group 6, but now appears to have been deleted. If I could post a screenshot you would see that 1251.4 is missing from the code charts (there is a blank spot where it "should" be). The software automatically changes it to the next code in line (which unfortunately is Tone 2 for the ambulance tone pair, not the fire police!!!)

I am trying to re-download and install the software again seeing if that helps.

Coding option is R168 (None). I did note there was a difference in the codeplug version from the pagers I had programmed previously to these ones. My version was 0.044, I think the problem pagers had 0.047 - not sure what this means of if it matters.

clifford1

FYI - I downloaded the latest software from the Motorola website, and it appears to have fixed the issue!!! I guess you have to stay on top of this or your software will just stop working on you (at a fire department, during a hurricane).

Lesson learned. Hopefully this thread may help someone else with the same issue.

Thanks!!

Chris C.

Status
Not open for further replies.